Ford Inside News banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Fusion, MkZ lead the way
Ford Inside News
November 1, 2013
By: Austin Rutherford

Ford has reported an increase in deliveries of 14 percent for the month of October in the United States. Retail sales were up 15 percent to have the best October retail sales since 2004.

Leading the way was the fusion with a staggering 71 percent increase thanks to added production in Flat Rock, Michigan. Fiesta sales also increased 9 percent. Both totals were October records. For their part, the Taurus and Mustang saw increases of 25.9 and 29.8 percent respectively. Focus sales and C-Max sales were down 17.5 and 20.5 percent respectively.

Ford F-Series sales once again totaled over 60,000 units as sales rose 13 percent. The Escape also saw a gain of 12 percent. The Flex, Explorer PI, E-Series, Transit Connect, and Heavy Trucks also saw significant gains.

Coming off somewhat low inventories seen last year, Lincoln MkZ's sales rose 80 percent to 2,909 units. Including its October record, MkZ sales have seen a new monthly record for six out of the past seven months. Lincoln brand as a whole was up 38 percent.

Tables

Attachments

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Good numbers. We need to wait for the numbers of the others automakers to make a final analysis. Lincoln looks in better shape now.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Good numbers. We need to wait for the numbers of the others automakers to make a final analysis. Lincoln looks in better shape now.
agree although the MKZ needs to sell more vehicles 3000+........good to see that the MKS is selling more vehicles, the MKX too.....I´m worried about the MKT :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
F-Series is outselling Silverdodo by over 30% - so much for the "new" antique that they are pushing - Silverdodo sales have merely returned to "normal" volume - the excuses given to mitigate awful start are just fiction - they are selling as many V-8 engine trucks as before and there is no shortage.

Fusion is really kicking it with the extra volume available - I expect it to start turning 25k units next spring...

Focus. Something needs to be done to perk this product up aside from pricing gimmicks.

Fiesta. The changes for 2014 seem minor on paper but I've seen a few on the road and that new front is transforming - interior is really upgraded. Really nice job on this product, Ford.

What is interesting is that Chevrolet has pretty much shot everything it has - Ford is still ready to launch its trucks, vans, Taurus, and Mustang. 2014 will be a very good year for Ford.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Just over 300 MKTs sold, I'm guessing most to livery companies. It may well be a great car, but it's also a great example of the fact that people will generally not purchase an unattractive vehicle. If the MKT were less oddly proportioned tall station wagon and more CUV in style I believe its sales would be significantly better!

I'm not anti-station wagon, in fact I think a properly done SW, something that brings with it some flair, long, wide and low, if sexy enough, and wagons can be sexy, could be the ticket for Lincoln to carve out a now abandoned niche in the premium market!

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Nice continued gains for Ford. Lincoln had a small rally, not bad.

And leave MKT alone. Worst thing they can do is make it SUV like. They already have a large premium SUV. Besides, I like the sportier wagon like styling. Sales are proportional to most other $60K premium 3 seaters, although it does need a refresh, it is still one of the sleekest out there.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

And leave MKT alone. Worst thing they can do is make it SUV like. They already have a large premium SUV. Besides, I like the sportier wagon like styling. Sales are proportional to most other $60K premium 3 seaters, although it does need a refresh, it is still one of the sleekest out there.

In that the MKT is almost half wagon/half CUV in appearance it could be said the be unique. Unique is a good thing if it strikes a cord with buyers. I personally don't think 300 a month qualifies. The attempt to be middle ground IMO is what makes it unbearable to look at. I agree with your point that the 'Gator already exists so moving the MKT up to real CUV status may not be the right direction. The premium wagon segment is all but abandoned in the US, Lincoln could make a MKS sport wagon that would present 90% of the utility of the MKT with 0% of the ugly and have that market to itself!

The truth of the matter is most of those MKTs are being sold for Livery use. Nothing wrong with those types of fleet sales, but it clearly is not resonating with the buying public. ****, even if all 300 were consumer purchases Lincoln would be better to embrace a real wagon or a real CUV.

And yes, I know, you love the MKT and Flex and think they're perfect for their utility. If only their were a few thousand like you who agreed on a monthly basis.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
One of the nicest if not the best interior in Lincoln. Change the front face, modify the flat back hatch, and market it, it could sell better.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Nice to see Lincoln sales picking up. 2014 should heat up once MKC arrives and we see what's at the upcoming auto shows.

I still think the MKT should adapt a version with the MKT Concept rear roof/rear deck section and get rid of the 3rd row seating. Both this and the regular MKT could be offered. See which one sells better. Current MKT w/3rd row seating or the sleeker without 3rd row seating?

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts

I don´t like the back of the MKT is a bit weird IMHO, but overall I think it looks good, like the front and side profile

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
In that the MKT is almost half wagon/half CUV in appearance it could be said the be unique. Unique is a good thing if it strikes a cord with buyers. I personally don't think 300 a month qualifies. The attempt to be middle ground IMO is what makes it unbearable to look at. I agree with your point that the 'Gator already exists so moving the MKT up to real CUV status may not be the right direction. The premium wagon segment is all but abandoned in the US, Lincoln could make a MKS sport wagon that would present 90% of the utility of the MKT with 0% of the ugly and have that market to itself!

The truth of the matter is most of those MKTs are being sold for Livery use. Nothing wrong with those types of fleet sales, but it clearly is not resonating with the buying public. ****, even if all 300 were consumer purchases Lincoln would be better to embrace a real wagon or a real CUV.

And yes, I know, you love the MKT and Flex and think they're perfect for their utility. If only their were a few thousand like you who agreed on a monthly basis.
they could change the back of the MKT and use the MKC back on it :joyous:

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ my fault, Jose
it was late & I thought that was the whole thing :(
&
tho just found this:
Yahoo Link

my current excuse if it doesn't work is I'm on a puter at the Library and not at home

==============================================

John Felice

Well thank you Erich and good morning everyone. It’s great to be with you to share October results. Ford Motor Company, posted a 14% increase, with total sales of 191,985 vehicles in the month of October. A real stand out for us is our retail performance of 142,487 vehicles sold, which is up 15% relative to last year and represents our best October retail sales results going all the way back to 2004.

Given the governments shut down we’re really pleased with the month’s sales performance, for both the industry and particularly for, as Erich mentioned, we did some resiliency late month. What’s really encouraging is our newest vehicles that are accelerating our retail sales growth. We can continue to see focus and strength coming from our passenger cars, which are resonating with consumers based on our great styling and fuel economy.

A particular note is the refreshed Ford Fiesta, which posted its best ever October with sales of 4,337. Our strongest sales are coming from California, which represents a 16% increase or 16% of all Fiesta’s sold nationally and retail sales in the state are up a strong 11% on a year-over-year basis.

Also of note is a shrink of Ford Fusion now with improved availability and shipments coming out of flat rock. Last month Fusion sales surged with 21,740 vehicles sold, a 71% increase over last year, which is the first time Fusion sales had exceeded 20,000 unit mark in the month of October. Compared to the prior October record set in 2011, Fusion was up a strong 20% at a total at 29% retail.

Dealers on the coast have been very pleased with Fusion sales performance, we’re seeing some of our fastest retail sales growth for Fusion on the coasts including New York up 127%, San Francisco up 116% and Los Angeles up 77%. Seattle was also showing a lot of strength up 94% while Miami has been up 62%. Fusion broke an October retail sales and every one of our five market areas nationally.

October ‘13 Escape sales of 22,253 vehicles were up 12% this marks Escape’s best performance since October 2001. Well we’ve been doing great on the West Coast, one market area we’ve been watching closely with Escape is New York. The tri-state area representing the largest utility market in the country over 10% of all utility vehicles sold in America today.

Escape’s retail sales performance in New York market area is up 86% for October representing record retail sales for the month. It’s so encouraging that we are attracting new customers to our brand with Escape. Our largest competitor conquest in the New York is behind the CRV.

F series trucks continue to show strength in roll off the other lots with 63,803 trucks sold in October an increase of 13% versus year ago levels. This represents our sixth consecutive month above 60,000 sales and our 27th straight month of year-over-year gains. The last time F series sustained more than 63,000 sales for six consecutive months, was in April was the period, April to September 2006 which is seven years ago.

On the Lincoln, Lincoln sales were up 38% for October led by strong MKZ performance. MKZ sales saw an 80% increase with 2,909 vehicles sold. October represent MKZ’s best ever October retail sales months we’ve then benchmarking the sales performance of MKZ since April which is considered to play at which MKZ at adequate supply on dealer loss.

From the April through September period because we don’t have all the numbers in yet for October Lincoln MKZ sales are in the upper quartile of the mid-sized luxury segment. For this period MKZ sales ranked fourth behind only BMW 3 series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and Lexus ES.

Importantly we’re seeing average transactions prices up more than $6300 on the new MKZ and we continue to attract new customers to the brand particularly with the MKZ hybrid. We’re encouraged by the October results on Lincoln but as mentioned on prior calls the reinvention of Lincoln brand is a journey though we measured in year’s not months.

You’ll be hearing more good news a bit more good news about Lincoln next month’s so stay tuned. We’re really pleased with our progress to date. And the new products we have for the future of Lincoln.

With that, that’s a quick look at Ford Lincoln. And I’d like to turn things over to Emily for an update on the economy front. Emily?

Emily Kolinski Morris....

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
^ my fault, Jose
&
tho just found this:
Yahoo Link

my current excuse if it doesn't work is I'm on a puter at the Library and not at home

John Felice

Well thank you Erich and good morning everyone. It’s great to be with you to share October results. Ford Motor Company, posted a 14% increase, with total sales of 191,985 vehicles in the month of October. A real stand out for us is our retail performance of 142,487 vehicles sold, which is up 15% relative to last year and represents our best October retail sales results going all the way back to 2004.

Given the governments shut down we’re really pleased with the month’s sales performance, for both the industry and particularly for, as Erich mentioned, we did some resiliency late month. What’s really encouraging is our newest vehicles that are accelerating our retail sales growth. We can continue to see focus and strength coming from our passenger cars, which are resonating with consumers based on our great styling and fuel economy.

A particular note is the refreshed Ford Fiesta, which posted its best ever October with sales of 4,337. Our strongest sales are coming from California, which represents a 16% increase or 16% of all Fiesta’s sold nationally and retail sales in the state are up a strong 11% on a year-over-year basis.

Also of note is a shrink of Ford Fusion now with improved availability and shipments coming out of flat rock. Last month Fusion sales surged with 21,740 vehicles sold, a 71% increase over last year, which is the first time Fusion sales had exceeded 20,000 unit mark in the month of October. Compared to the prior October record set in 2011, Fusion was up a strong 20% at a total at 29% retail.

Dealers on the coast have been very pleased with Fusion sales performance, we’re seeing some of our fastest retail sales growth for Fusion on the coasts including New York up 127%, San Francisco up 116% and Los Angeles up 77%. Seattle was also showing a lot of strength up 94% while Miami has been up 62%. Fusion broke an October retail sales and every one of our five market areas nationally.

October ‘13 Escape sales of 22,253 vehicles were up 12% this marks Escape’s best performance since October 2001. Well we’ve been doing great on the West Coast, one market area we’ve been watching closely with Escape is New York. The tri-state area representing the largest utility market in the country over 10% of all utility vehicles sold in America today.

Escape’s retail sales performance in New York market area is up 86% for October representing record retail sales for the month. It’s so encouraging that we are attracting new customers to our brand with Escape. Our largest competitor conquest in the New York is behind the CRV.

F series trucks continue to show strength in roll off the other lots with 63,803 trucks sold in October an increase of 13% versus year ago levels. This represents our sixth consecutive month above 60,000 sales and our 27th straight month of year-over-year gains. The last time F series sustained more than 63,000 sales for six consecutive months, was in April was the period, April to September 2006 which is seven years ago.

On the Lincoln, Lincoln sales were up 38% for October led by strong MKZ performance. MKZ sales saw an 80% increase with 2,909 vehicles sold. October represent MKZ’s best ever October retail sales months we’ve then benchmarking the sales performance of MKZ since April which is considered to play at which MKZ at adequate supply on dealer loss.

From the April through September period because we don’t have all the numbers in yet for October Lincoln MKZ sales are in the upper quartile of the mid-sized luxury segment. For this period MKZ sales ranked fourth behind only BMW 3 series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and Lexus ES.

Importantly we’re seeing average transactions prices up more than $6300 on the new MKZ and we continue to attract new customers to the brand particularly with the MKZ hybrid. We’re encouraged by the October results on Lincoln but as mentioned on prior calls the reinvention of Lincoln brand is a journey though we measured in year’s not months.

You’ll be hearing more good news a bit more good news about Lincoln next month’s so stay tuned. We’re really pleased with our progress to date. And the new products we have for the future of Lincoln.

With that, that’s a quick look at Ford Lincoln. And I’d like to turn things over to Emily for an update on the economy front. Emily?

don´t worry 2b2, thanks :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
^ my fault, Jose
&
tho just found this:
Yahoo Link

John Felice

that article is from November 1st so next month is December, the MKC could debut after the LA auto show?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts