Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Lincoln just released a YouTube video of a new Aviator detail (orchestral sounds for chimes) and also announced the Aviator’s debut at the LA Auto Show Nov 28!

https://youtu.be/wwuaxiZZfKU
IMPOSSIBLE!

Ford/Lincoln doesn't have anything coming! Nothing to see!

Reactions: falcon lover

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
IMPOSSIBLE!

Ford/Lincoln doesn't have anything coming! Nothing to see!
hahaha you need to improve your sarcasm level.
I'll say it again, we know products are coming, the problem is when, Ford takes too much time to show the products, we know new Escape, Explorer, etc. are coming since a lot of time ago, but no actual product yet. Take for example the GT500, teased in January!
I remember you make a list of all the products for 2019, but I have my doubts, I don't think Ford is going to reveal so many products in one year, as I said, I will have to see it to believe it.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
hahaha you need to improve your sarcasm level.
I'll say it again, we know products are coming, the problem is when, Ford takes too much time to show the products, we know new Escape, Explorer, etc. are coming since a lot of time ago, but no actual product yet. Take for example the GT500, teased in January!
I remember you make a list of all the products for 2019, but I have my doubts, I don't think Ford is going to reveal so many products in one year, as I said, I will have to see it to believe it.
There's no point in explaining again that the show season hasn't happened yet.

And hey, if they don't show what they're expected to show, then I'll be right there and complain with you. I've complained about their debuts ever since the 2017 NAIAS show which showed zilch, zero, nada, and badly mishandled the few debuts they did have. That said, we've known the product lull was coming - there's really not much we could do except wait, and look - by the end of the month, we'll see the first of the new product cadence we've been waiting for....

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I like the form Lincoln is improved its line up. The Continental is a really good sedan, with many extraordinary features. After that, the Navigator, the best big luxury SUV hands down. And now, the turn is for the Aviator. If Lincoln can get to this new vehicle the premium quality of the Navigator, with the same sensational front seats, first class interior with premium materials in a most maniobrable size and a better looking design and style, Lincoln will have the best luxury SUV. No matter the size of price. The best.

I have very high expectations. I hope the final product will be as good as I expect.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah rmc, if Jose can't see it, why should he believe it. Get real bro.
I said that I would believe it when I see it because I don't think Ford has the capacity to launch 6 new products in 1 year, they haven't prove it to me, so yeah that is why I am so incredulous.
If they achieve it I would be very happy

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
^

Most new Lincolns have been well received of late, even the Conti....a FWD biased, Fusion based sedan. Aviator and Corsa next year will give them a pretty competitive roundup.
Well received, yes, but so far sales aren't good, hope they can change this but they need more support from Ford, they already have good products

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
There's no point in explaining again that the show season hasn't happened yet.
yeah but as you have said, they can show the cars in other events, they don't have to follow that show season timeline.

And hey, if they don't show what they're expected to show, then I'll be right there and complain with you.
I am going to take your word, I will be waiting for you to join the "dark side" :grin2:

I've complained about their debuts ever since the 2017 NAIAS show which showed zilch, zero, nada, and badly mishandled the few debuts they did have.
Yeah, I remember that! that was pathetic.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Jose, you must know you are difficult to please.
yeah, kinda....but the problem is that the clients that Lincoln is after seem to be more difficult to please than I am.

I mean, two new potentially high volume Lincoln's in 2019 is pretty good
yes, it is good.....good for Lincoln.....but I don't know if it is enough for today's "luxury" market.

and yet you want more and faster.
yes, if Mercedes show 4 new vehicles in a month, shouldn't Lincoln be faster? Yes I know they have fewer models, but maybe that is a problem too, only 2 cars and 4 SUV/CUVs is not helping them in terms of sales.
I tell you this because I studied business management (focused on product development and innovation).....nowadays is very important to be fast (aside from other things)

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
yeah but as you have said, they can show the cars in other events, they don't have to follow that show season timeline.

I am going to take your word, I will be waiting for you to join the "dark side" :grin2:

Yeah, I remember that! that was pathetic.
The first one will debut in 3 weeks. I won't be surprised if we see Escape at LA too.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Yeah probably, or Explorer. I read that Lincoln is releasing photos of the special edition Conti mid-December!
No chance they show Explorer at LA. They want Aviator to have the main attention. Explorer will probably be at NAIAS.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
No chance they show Explorer at LA. They want Aviator to have the main attention. Explorer will probably be at NAIAS.
Yeah, that would make sense....but it is Ford we are talking about, they don't allow Lincoln to steal the show (that much)

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
High volume Ford products typically get shown at Detroit show. Been that way for years. Has nothing to do with Ford keeping Lincoln out of the spotlight. That is ridiculous.
I didn't say it has something to do (the auto show) as you have said, they have been doing that for years (NAIAs for Ford and NYIAS for Lincoln). I was referring to other stuff but nevermind

21 - 40 of 40 Posts