The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford To Establish Russian Venture With Sollers
Evgeniy Vorotnikov
Mar 4, 2011
Edmunds IL

Just the Facts:
•Ford Motor Company and Russian automaker Sollers have established a joint venture that will significantly expand the U.S. manufacturer's presence in the Russian market over the next 10 years.
•The partners expect to invest more than $1.4 billion in the new venture.
•The venture will be called Ford Sollers.

MOSCOW — Ford Motor Company and Russian automaker Sollers have established a joint venture that will significantly expand the U.S. manufacturer's presence in the Russian market over the next 10 years.

The partners expect to invest more than $1.4 billion in the new venture, to be called Ford Sollers, with production facilities in Vsevolozhsk near St. Petersburg, as well as in Naberezhnye Chelny and Tatarstan. In addition to vehicle assembly, the venture will include the manufacture of engines, as well as stamping operations.

The bulk of the investment is expected to be provided by Vnesheconombank, one of Russia's largest banks, with the partners to provide additional funding.

The new venture will focus on the production of six Ford models, among them the Explorer and Transit van, which will be launched in Tatarstan next year.

Full text at link

Production currently: Focus, Mondeo
Next up: Transit, Kuga, Explorer, B Segment sedan
From kits: S-Max, Galaxy

·
Registered
78 Posts
my neighbour 10 years ago left ford of russia plant that builds the Crown Vic, He claimed that the 'Vic was a popular seller in russia

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my neighbour 10 years ago left ford of russia plant that builds the Crown Vic, He claimed that the 'Vic was a popular seller in russia
I have never heard that the CV was built in Russia, sure he didnt mean another vehicle?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts