Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Starts Building New Figo Aspire at New $1 Billion Plant in India

Ford has kicked off production of the Figo Aspire at the all-new Sanand Vehicle Assembly and Engine Plant in India following a $1billion investment. The new facility doubles Ford’s annual installed capacity in India to 610,000 engines and 440,000 vehicles.

Since work started in September 2011, Ford has invested over $1 billion in the two facilities in Sanand, which include stamping, body, paint and assembly operations for vehicle manufacturing, as well as machining and assembly operations for engine manufacturing.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/ford-starts-building-new-figo-aspire-at.html

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
"The new Figo Aspire also holds true to Ford’s fun-to-drive spirit with a choice of two responsive and economical engines. Both the 1.5L TDCi diesel engine and the 1.2L TiVCT petrol engine offer a compelling mix of performance, refinement and fuel efficiency."

I don't think I have heard of that engine before. But it must be less expensive than going with the 1.0L EcoBoost in that market.

Here is the outgoing model:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I am glad you pointed that out, because I was confused thinking there were two different cars, that look a lot alike.

But wait, this hatch is called the Ka. :yikes:

That's the Brazilian-spec version in the Photo you posted.
Indian market models are badged as "Figo" which is already an established name in the country. Hatchback Figo models could be sold in Europe badged as the "Ka".

Figo hatchback spy photo

Recent photo of a Figo being tested in the UK....

Because of One Ford, the Figo and Ka were merged.
The Ka is available as a hatchback and sedan (Ka+).
The Figo will be available as a hatchback and a (short trunk) sub-4-meter sedan.
A standard length Figo-badged sedan with a longer trunk (identical to the Ka+ sedan) was spotted though, most likely for export.

Figo Aspire (sub-4-meter) sedan

*One way of identifying if it's an Indian Figo or Brazilian Ka is by the door handles. The Ka uses the rounded door handles of the current Fiesta, while the Figo uses the older style (more flat) door handles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts