·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford, Team Detroit set up exclusive ad agency for Lincoln
By: Bradford Wernle
December 15, 2011
Automotive News

DETROIT -- Ford Motor Co., working to rejuvenate the Lincoln brand, today said it has created what it calls a "luxury-oriented boutique agency" that will handle Lincoln exclusively.

The new agency is being set up in partnership with the Team Detroit agency that has handled both the Ford and Lincoln brands.

The new, yet-to-be-named agency will open Jan. 1 in New York with 45 people. The new agency will be under the umbrella of WPP, which also owns Team Detroit.

Cameron McNaughton -- an auto industry veteran who has consulted for a range of brands including Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, Hyundai and Porsche -- will be president of the new agency. He previously headed his own consultancy, McNaughton Automotive Perspectives.

Jon Pearce, who has been creative director of a New York agency called BBH, will be creative director of the new agency. At BBH, he was responsible for leading creative work for such clients as Johnnie Walker, Westin Hotels and Resorts, Unilever's Vaseline Global account and the BBC.

Full text at link

·
Editor
1,173 Posts
It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Lincoln's marketing has been so-so (especially when compared to the Ford brand), even with the latest ads. My main curiosity is how they will position the brand within the luxury spectrum.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
There was a Lincoln ad that I loved around the early 90s probably 90-92 and I had it favorited on youtube but they took it down. Had this epic music and said things like for over 75 years Lincoln has been defining What a Luxury Car Should Be. It started off showing the greyhound hood ornament on a 30s Zephyr and then showed a black Continental, a black Town Car, and a black Mark VII frolicking around and of course it ending with “What a Luxury Car Should Be”. I would love to see ads like that again where they focus on the heritage of the brand.

On a side note I still think it would be pretty awesome if their top line trim brought back the greyhound hood ornament or a greyhound emblem somewhere on or in the car.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The first thing they need to do is figure out two campaigns.
1. Today's Lincoln
2. The transitional MKS/MKT period.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
1. Today's Lincoln
Plus with the 100th anniversary of Lincoln in 2017 they better be ready to advertise that!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
1. Today's Lincoln
imho Lincoln started its "transition" with the MKS Concept
and won't be 'finished' with it until a new Continental is out
everything in between had better be very carefully "soft peddled"**, ie no extravagant claims/promises/adjectives,
or Lincoln will not gain any credibility

** which may not be do-able, &
** that includes Lincoln's facebook content
a Lot of which has been practically LAUGHABLE
** I'm close to being 'fed up' with their marketing and how they talk about their 'direction' ... THIS change might be BARELY in time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts