Ford Inside News banner

Ford teases a mysterious performance model, will be unveiled on Nov 17th [video]

11K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  joseodiaga4 
#1 ·
Ford teases a mysterious performance model, will be unveiled on Nov 17th

Ford has quietly released a new teaser video which suggests a performance car or race car will be unveiled on November 17th - a day before the Los Angeles Auto Show kicks off.
While the video never mentions the car itself, it features a number of executives talking about how important performance is to the company and its future. The video also gives us a few glimpses of a car which features an Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel, alloy pedals and a high-performance engine. We can also see a mesh grille and unique alloy wheels.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114110383748/ford-teases-a-mysterious-performance-model-will-be-unveiled

#7 ·
This car (or truck?) is not a Ford badged vehicle. If you know the history of Ford, you should know that "powered by Ford" label is a badge that carry others vehicles that has Ford engines.

So, the possibilities are:

1.- SVT vehicle: GT500 ? maybe...But is too early to show the performance Mustang, without the Mustang in the dealers lots.

2.- Some kind of competition car: maybe Ford will power some new race car

3.- Lincoln performance vehicle powered by Ford?? I hope so !!!!!!

#8 ·
This car (or truck?) is not a Ford badged vehicle. If you know the history of Ford, you should know that "powered by Ford" label is a badge that carry others vehicles that has Ford engines.
By the way, even the standard Coyote 5.0 V8 used by the Mustangs have "POWERED BY FORD" on them.

So, the possibilities are:

1.- SVT vehicle: GT500 ? maybe...But is too early to show the performance Mustang, without the Mustang in the dealers lots.
Probably the GT350, besides it'll be the 50th anniversary of that model.

2.- Some kind of competition car: maybe Ford will power some new race car
It appears to have road tires, check the 0:56 mark of the video.
Some have also pointed out that the date on the teaser video was written using the Shelby font.

Supposedly leaked "GT350" badge/logo for the fender.

3.- Lincoln performance vehicle powered by Ford?? I hope so !!!!!!
I doubt it, Lincoln is trying hard to establish itself as its own brand and company "Lincoln Motor Company", they probably won't put "Ford" on their engine covers anytime soon and the teaser is a "Ford" teaser.

PS: Are these the wheels that appear in the 0:07 mark of the video?

#9 ·
By the way, even the standard Coyote 5.0 V8 used by the Mustangs have "POWERED BY FORD" on them.

Probably the GT350, besides it'll be the 50th anniversary of that model.

It appears to have road tires, check the 0.56 mark of the video.
Some have also pointed out that the date on the teaser video was written using the Shelby font.

Supposedly leaked "GT350" badge/logo for the fender.

I doubt it, Lincoln is trying hard to establish itself as its own brand and company "Lincoln Motor Company", they probably won't put "Ford" on their engine covers anytime soon and the teaser is a "Ford" teaser.

True! The Mustang has that engine with that label. But is a Mustang a Ford? The Mustang has no single Ford badge on it! So, is a vehicle without Ford logo! ha ha ha ha ha

Seriously, is a mistery this car. We need to wait some days...

#10 ·
Imho this isn't much of a mystery. We've seen 'ring testing, those look like coyote covers on that engine teaser pic, and the GT350 is rumored to get a bored out coyote. Not to mention the fonts.

I'd put my lunch money on GT350.

#13 ·
That's just a SEMA car, but theoretically it could have the Voodoo power plant. Doubt Ford would tell us, even if it did.
Okay, so I don't think it sounds like the FPC motor. Sounds like a regular Coyote. Also it has a 2.3l supercharger. Have a listen. High 10 second car though, wow!
I think you're mixing it up with the King Cobra street/drag car which was "just" unveiled.

The teaser is for a performance model (GT350?) that will be unveiled on the 17th.

This is the sound for Coyote 5.0 in a 2015 Mustang GT.

Example of a flat plane crankshaft V8 (Lotus Esprit V8)

Which do you think is closer to the one at the end of the teaser video?

#14 ·
I think you're mixing it up with the King Cobra street/drag car which was "just" unveiled.

The teaser is for a performance model (GT350?) that will be unveiled on the 17th.

This is the sound for Coyote 5.0 in a 2015 Mustang GT.

Example of a flat plane crankshaft V8 (Lotus Esprit V8)

Which do you think is closer to the one at the end of the teaser video?
Well, actually someone had posted a picture of the new King Cobra at SEMA in this thread and put "VOODOO 5.2 FPC???" or something. What you see in this thread is my response, but whoever asked that deleted their post.

#17 ·
True! The Mustang has that engine with that label. But is a Mustang a Ford? The Mustang has no single Ford badge on it! So, is a vehicle without Ford logo! ha ha ha ha ha

Seriously, is a mistery this car. We need to wait some days...
I had "Powered by Ford" on the valve covers of most of my various 70's Fords/Mercurys.

#22 ·
So Jim Farley says they made the turbocharged EcoBoost/forced induction engine a mainstream powertrain and that they are just getting started on that.
So what's the next step for Ford (for its GT350), making a flat-plane crankshaft engine mainstream?
A flat-plane crankshaft V8? An EcoBoost flat-plane crankshaft V8? Hmmm....

#26 ·
I doubt you will ever see a flat plane turbo V8. The benefit of flat plane is the ability to spin to ridiculous rpms to increase power. The benefit to a turbo is to boost low rpm power. Conflicting missions.
I guess the GT350's V8 would most likely be naturally aspirated, but there are turbocharged flat-plane crankshaft engines like the twin-turbo flat-plane crankshaft V8 of the Lotus Esprit V8.

Sounds good too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.