·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Teasing 2013 Fusion with new interactive app
By Damon Lavrinc
Dec 13th 2011
Autoblog.com

Ford is gearing up to unveil the 2013 Fusion at the Detroit Auto Show, and the hype machine starts with a new app for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices.

After downloading the app, you can point the device's camera at any Ford logo – be it on a car or a screen – and it opens to reveal a 360-degree view of an artfully pixelated Fusion and the ability to drive the new sedan along a series of courses.

Full text at link

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple of things:

1. Looks like unveiling will be on Jan.9th due to that being the last day listed on its calendar.
2. The car will be get more realistic as time goes on, there are about 4 locked cars still
3. Already got it!:

·
Registered
87 Posts
couldnt find it on Android Market. I think its only for Iphone/Ipad

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm seriously considering this new Fusion for purchase when it comes out. But with all this hype, it better be like the Starship Enterprise when they're done. Personnally I think this app thing is a waste of time and money for Ford. But I am really looking forward to seeing the finished product of this car.

·
Registered
306 Posts
When the new Fusion is released, Chevrolet's new Camry with a Trucik front end slapped on it will instantly look like it was released in 1990. Chevrolet continues to underwhelm and to build thick-sided, plus models who are as elegant and fascinating as a bread truck. It is evident that Government Motors has no styling department other than then the half day that the daycare spends there with paints and crayons.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah the app is probably a waste of money, but a cool idea. Not sure what the deal is though I am not able to find it for download on my android. Even going to forfusionapp.com on the phone isn't working. Oh well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Perhaps a waste of money. Yet, the amount of investment in the Ford Store on all the Ford items and accessories would make this application pretty cheap by comparison.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The application was free to download. The "augmented reality" portion of the app is fairly interesting. Can't wait to see the real thing as this pixelated version hasn't given us much to look at yet!

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the app is probably a waste of money, but a cool idea. Not sure what the deal is though I am not able to find it for download on my android. Even going to forfusionapp.com on the phone isn't working. Oh well.
Try it through the app store. I typed in "Ford Fusion" and it came right up.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
just saw it mentioned that Hau Thai-Tang is in the teaser

iirc, he was the head of SVT before moving to Ford do Brazil...

...FusionSHO?

more info:
Link via Hugh @ BON
Effective Jan 01 2011: Barb Samardzich, 52, vice president, Powertrain Engineering, is appointed vice president, Global Product Programs. Concurrently, Hau Thai-Tang, 44, director, Product Development, Ford South America Operations, is appointed executive director, Global Product Programs.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Beat me to it ;)
belated: oops/sorry Hugh & Thanks for posting the info originally
&
a *bump* for what imho is some very exciting news about Hau Thai-Tang (& getting overlooked?!?)

and
I would *love* to see a detailed org-chart of at least this part of Fomoco
Barb is VP
HTT is execDirector
isn't Mr. Kuzak in/at-the-top-of this branch of the 'Global Product' tree too?

Anyone got the chart or a URL?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts