Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
That is one awkward looking vehicle. I was never a fan of the looks of any of the *star vans (Aero, Wind, or Free) but this is just plain ugly. Why not use the the Flex platform to make a real minivan? Great chassis, engine, space, quality, economy, etc. And it could offer AWD, the Ecoboost I4, and the Ecoboost V6.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
t
if the nextgen S-Max/Galaxy also come here, Ford could wind up the MVP/minivan leader imho
The only problem would be (IMO) the lack of sliders on the Galaxy. I don't understand why it doesn't have them, I guess it's not an expected feature in Europe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like the looks of this one much more

&but
for the U.S. imho 3 MPVs would be just right
C segment = whatever
CD segment = S-Max, CD4.2 Edge platform
D segment = renamed Galaxy, CD4+3 Taurus/Explorer platform
Me too. I'll betcha something like this and the EcoSport would do well in the US. Just paid $3.75 per gallon this week for fuel...just saying...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

Attachments

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Tourneo Custom (per NetCarShow) comes in 2 wheelbases/lengths
LWB = 129.9/210.2"
SWB = 115.5/195.7"
Galaxy = 112.2/189.7"

this^ makes me wonder about the Galaxy getting any larger - seems it'd be overlapping the SWB at least somewhat
but
if it became more "high-styled" like the S-Max or Flex . . .
The converted utility van market and the MPV market in Europe seem to have survived together for whatever reason. I guess one is for cheap, big people carrier while the other goes after families who want refined, more enhanced vehicle.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
The converted utility van market and the MPV market in Europe seem to have survived together for whatever reason. I guess one is for cheap, big people carrier while the other goes after families who want refined, more enhanced vehicle.
yeah, I know NOTHING about this market in Europe

it's just that the Tourneo Custom seems so 'institutional' to me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts