1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van Is Ready for Work
Smart, Capable and More Efficient Than Ever
Ford Media Center

- The new 2019 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van packs big work in a small package with ease and efficiency for any business

- Smart: Keeps up with the fast mobile pace of today’s connected business owners with standard 4G LTE wireless connectivity, available wireless mobile device charging and the most driver-assist technologies in the segment, including standard Automatic Emergency Braking

- Capable: Built Ford Tough durability, quality and reliability ensures Transit Connect remains America’s best-selling compact cargo van based on total U.S. reported sales for calendar year 2017

- More efficient: Two new powertrain offerings include a segment-exclusive 1.5-liter EcoBlue® diesel targeted to return an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of at least 30 mpg highway (actual mileage will vary)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I swear this is the 3rd or 4th press release on this vehicle. Does this mean they are going to start declaring Transit Wagon and Transit Cargo Van as separate nameplates?

Regardless, in addition to the new 1.5L EcoBlue Diesel and 2.0L I4 with 8-speed transmissions, there is a 2.5L CNG/Propane engine option for fleet customers. I guess this is something I haven't paid attention to before but I assume this is not new?

Either way, glad to see these improvements to take on the ProMaster City which has been outspending it.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I cant find much info on the 1.5 EcoBlue but I do know it's offered on the EcoSport in other markets.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
www.autonews.com/assets/pdf/future/2017-future-products-ford-lincoln.pdf

Based on the product plan, the Transit PHEV with 31 EV miles might launch this year, my guess is just in Europe and China.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts