·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford unveils Mustang 50th anniversary logo, plans merchandise
Autoblog
March 26, 2013
by Jonathon Ramsey

The Ford Mustang turns 50 years old this year, and this is the logo that will announce the milestone occasion on a special line of merchandise. The graphic is the result of an internal design competition, and Ford will give 50 different companies the license to use it on traditional logo merchandise like shirts and watches, along with some untraditional items like pinball machines.

Full article and press release available at link.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Boring logo

·
Registered
607 Posts
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. There was an international competition for this?? Firstly, why go international for what is the most American icon on wheels? Secondly, it's the same pony as always plus "50 YEARS." How bland and unimaginative. Let's have our own contest!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I think is perfect! Simple, elegant, direct. The Pony looks like is entering in the 50 years cuadriculate area.... very simple, and effective. Love it

·
Registered
997 Posts
How much did all the marketing clinics/research cost to come up with this? The emblem for the 25th was much better than what's being used for the 50th.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Is effective because everybody that look at the design, recognice it as a Ford Mustang 50 anniversary emblem. But the emblem dont say "Ford", or "Mustang" or "anniversary" .... The wild horse galloping to the front and to the "50 years" script say everything. Is a masterpiece of design!

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Looks good.
Foolish to call it a 5.0L when there have been so many great powertrains and there will be many more.
Keep the displacement out of it. Just the car and legend itself.

Ford is planning a big celebration, as few cars make it to 50, and since it is going global for the first time, even more of a celebration.
Can’t wait.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I would have put the mustang in the corral, making the corral the 0, and having the 5 short and wide as to match the font of the 0.

·
Registered
997 Posts
It needs the Red White and Blue somewhere in the Logo to show the American upbringing over the years. There could be "dust" at the rear with a couple of "50's" "dust" being kicked up. The Red White and Blue would be the "road" to show American heritage.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Dont touch it!!!!! Is pure perfection

Is difficult to imagine how Ford sold more than 20000 units of this car at the 1st day of its launch in april 17 1964! More than the MK S sales a year today... And 500000 units in the 1st year... only the F-150 sells in that numbers today in USA... This car is a legend, an icon. Maybe, the most remarcabl Ford car ever?.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
from shurtual86 @ TheMustangSource
"So I went to the movies today ( to watch the wolverine) and went in the theatre about 15 mins before it started to get a good seat. While I was waiting, there was a Ford commercial. I thought it was the Fusion commercial so I ignored it for a couple seconds, and then they showed a new car, a two door car. It was mostly hidden due to lighting and then they showed " October 2013" and that was it.
Now I have looked on the Internet and haven't found that commercial, the background in the commercial did look a lot like the background in the "a rose" fusion commercial but it wasn't it."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

so.....
*IF* I'm right about
...I still believe there will be a grand finale Anniversary model for the 2014my S197 - as Ford has done in the past - and as was media announced/speculated a while back
so
3 (THREE) ploys to give fans an Anniversary fix...
imho Oct 13 could be the debut of the current model's final special edition

(re: my quote^
the other 2 Anniversary versions are the S550 #1-1000 "2014½" collectors' edition and any 2015my Mustang with an Anniversary Package)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
from shurtual86 @ TheMustangSource
"So I went to the movies today ( to watch the wolverine) and went in the theatre about 15 mins before it started to get a good seat. While I was waiting, there was a Ford commercial. I thought it was the Fusion commercial so I ignored it for a couple seconds, and then they showed a new car, a two door car. It was mostly hidden due to lighting and then they showed " October 2013" and that was it.
Now I have looked on the Internet and haven't found that commercial, the background in the commercial did look a lot like the background in the "a rose" fusion commercial but it wasn't it."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

so.....
*IF* I'm right about
imho Oct 13 could be the debut of the current model's final special edition

(re: my quote^
the other 2 Anniversary versions are the S550 #1-1000 "2014½" collectors' edition and any 2015my Mustang with an Anniversary Package)
Hmmm I haven't seen the Wolverine yet, mostly because I have been greatly disappointed with all the XMen movies except the first one... maybe I should go just for this and record it?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Don't you just love it? You go to the movies and get hit up for donations for something or other then you have to suffer through what feels like 4 hours of previews before the actual movie starts. Now commercials are thrown in. We should get paid to rate the commercials and previews. What's next, a section so you can post personal announcments like "Happy Birthday 95th Aunt Mabel" or "Please view my resume for a potental hire"??

But anyway my guess is the special Mustang could be some kind of Heritage Edition to show where the Mustang has been and where the Mustang is going.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts