·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will have to wait to years before all-new vehicle arrives
Ford Inside News
February 18, 2014
By: Austin Rutherford

Just as with the new Lincoln Navigator, MY15 brings a mid-cycle enhancement for its twin-sister, the Ford Expedition. As with the afore mentioned, this is a temporary facelift until an all-new Expedition bows for MY17. The MY17 SUVs are an extension of the MY15 F-150's development and likewise will be built with extensive amounts of aluminum.

The 2015 Ford Expedition gains a new face largely looking similar to the current SUV. Running lights take over for the fog lights with a chrome bar fitting between them. The power dome hood remains basically unchanged while the headlights now feature available LEDs for the first time.

As you would expect, the profile of the vehicle remains the same. The rear now features a large chrome bar with the vehicle's nameplate written on it. The taillights remained the same unlike the new Navigator. The tailpipe can now be ordered with the same chrome tip as the Navigator as well.

For the first time, a Platinum trim level will be offered. We will have to get more pictures to see the differences between this trim and the others. Interior wise, this looks to be a replacement for the King Ranch.

As with the Navigator, the new Expedition will kill off the old 5.4L V8 in favor of the 3.5L V6 Ecoboost. This engine, the only one offered with the Expedition, will be mated with a 6-speed automatic.

The interior largely remains the same, but now features MyFord Touch for the first time.

The 2015 Expedition will continue production at Ford's Kentucky Truck Plant and should be at showrooms later this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.