1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Increase Thanks to F-Series, Fiesta, and Edge
Ford Inside News
June 2, 2013

Ford announced a sales increase of 13 percent in the US for June 2013. Sales were driven up in all large sub-segments including cars, utilities, and trucks. Sales were at their highest since June of 2006.

Leading the way was the F-Series, which saw its best sales since 2005 with a 24 percent increase. Sales came in just over 68,000 units.

Sales of small cars including the Fiesta, Focus, and C-Max were up 39 Percent. The Ford Taurus, not including the PI, also saw a gain of 15.4 percent to over 8,000 units. The Fusion saw a slight dip as production can not meet demand. The Fiesta saw the biggest jump of any model as sales surged 104 percent.

Showing signs of production constraint, Escape sales only rose 1 percent. Even so, it was enough for a monthly record. The Edge and Explorer also saw gains of 23.4 and 11.2 percent respectively.

The Lincoln MkZ saw another monthly record during June and also completed its best selling quarter ever from April to June. Lincoln brand sales were down a slight 1 percent.

Tables

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Wow, everything up except for Flex and Mustang. The Fiesta number is staggering, I wonder if incentives are driving those sales since they are launching the updated 2014 model now.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Nice sales gain. The 2014 Fusion and Focus launched on the Ford website today also. The new 2014 Fusion Hybrid S starts at $26,200, just $60 more than the base Camry Hybrid and $1,000 less than the Fusion Hybrid SE.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Lincoln brand still down, MKZ not as much of an increase starting to level out which is worry some.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Ford needs to produce more Escapes and Fusions. They needs new plants to prodece them right now

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Lincoln brand still down, MKZ not as much of an increase starting to level out which is worry some.
The MKZ outsells the ATS and CTS, but collectively Lincoln needs more cars like the MKZ. Hang tight, it's coming. The MKC, next MKS and MKX...it's going to get really fun shortly.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ford needs to produce more Escapes and Fusions. They needs new plants to prodece them right now
Fusion production starts in Flat Rock shortly, so that'll give you 100,000 more units annually to work with. Escape is probably stuck at the level for the foreseeable future. Escape probably has the potential to be a Top-5 seller.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The MKZ outsells the ATS and CTS, but collectively Lincoln needs more cars like the MKZ. Hang tight, it's coming. The MKC, next MKS and MKX...it's going to get really fun shortly.
That's fine but it is getting close to last years numbers, I was hoping it was going to be consistently above last years, not match what they were doing last year. I want them to do better.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Great numbers, Ford! Remember the pundits that were saying Ford was making a mistake with the new Escape by "over pricing" it? Ford is laughing all the way to the bank!

Fusion sales held down by lack of supply - Mustang sales might be down but not like Shamaro sales. F-Series outsold that old Silverdodo by 2 to 1 last month and even the new old Silverdodo is not going to make much difference.

Great month for Ford. And if you look at Government Motors sales numbers you see a staggering underwhelming performance by models. By now these cars and trucks should be more winners than losers and there is precious little at Government Motors to crow about (but that hasn't stopped the spin about how great things are). Buick is dead - done - over. All that money wasted to save it and nothing to show for it - over at Cadillac the new nameplates are eating the old ones for lunch - net gains are almost non-existant. They've just moved deck chairs on the Slimetanic.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
That's fine but it is getting close to last years numbers, I was hoping it was going to be consistently above last years, not match what they were doing last year. I want them to do better.
The MKZ was sold with very heavy incentivizing last year, this time they are selling them not only at a much higher MSRP, but with far less incentives. So those sales are far more legitimate now.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I never thought I'd see the Explorer selling consistantly at such high numbers. (biggest % increase year-to year of all Ford vehicles)
It seems to have hit the market perfectly, and still seems fresh as the day it was introduced.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I never thought I'd see the Explorer selling consistantly at such high numbers. (biggest % increase year-to year of all Ford vehicles)
It seems to have hit the market perfectly, and still seems fresh as the day it was introduced.
It's amazing it took Ford so long to figure that one out, the Explorer languished for years while it tried the Freestyle, then Taurus X, and then Flex....before finally launching the Explorer on the same platform.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Fusion production starts in Flat Rock shortly, so that'll give you 100,000 more units annually to work with. Escape is probably stuck at the level for the foreseeable future. Escape probably has the potential to be a Top-5 seller.
2014 Fusion production kicks off at Flat Rock early September. Currently Ford is only able to maintain a less than 20k daily inventory of the Fusion, while Camry/Accord/Altima maintain 45k+ in daily inventory. This means more available models/trim levels/colors available for immediate delivery, instead of special orders. The additional 100k units should provide close to a 30k total daily inventory. But Ford will need to expand further than that which they can by adding more shifts based on demand. Since Fusion is only on lots for 10 - 18 days, compared with 28+ days for the competition.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
[quick reply]
re: the Z
imho the Z has only been ~HALF~ released so far = no Nano or other coming drivetrains (+9speed tranny), no Bespoke Program
so
what I believe we're seeing is that Lincoln's EXISTING level of specialness is only good for their recent level of sales
+
considering Lincoln's (lack of) reputation, the Z will (still) take a while (longer) to impinge on Lux-consumers' radar ... perhaps/ie: the snobs have to see other snobs have one before they'll *want* one too

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
If Ford cant build more Escapes in USA to meet the demand, why not to import it from Europe? The Kuga is almost the same car, only with minors different details... The other alternative is to adapt a new plant to produce the Escape and the upcoming MK C. But that take time to do it

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
If Ford cant build more Escapes in USA to meet the demand, why not to import it from Europe? The Kuga is almost the same car, only with minors different details... The other alternative is to adapt a new plant to produce the Escape and the upcoming MK C. But that take time to do it
And on that note...The introduction of the MKC will hamper Escape sales even more, as they bring it online, and take production. All-in-all a good thing to be able to sell a premium version.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts