Ford Inside News banner

Ford -vs- Ferarri

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  monberl 
#1 ·
Chime in if you saw it and your opinions.

IMO, it was quite entertaining and gets a 4 / 5 stars. All performances were good, and Bale did a great job with Ken Miles character, although I have no idea how close it was to the actual man. I know Bale immerses himself in every role, so I suspect he did not just mail that performance in. Damon kind of annoyed me as Shelby, as he did not look or talk like him, but he did enterain. And all I kept thinking of was him in prior roles. He never sold me on the character.

The story, well we all know as fans, although my wife did not and was also entertained, and people who were there say that it is about 60% holly-wood-ized and 40% factual. Which makes sense, as much of this subject matter is no doubt drab for most audiences.

The racing itself as well as the cars used, was the real star for me. They did a commendable job projecting a sense of speed as well as a sense of the dangers due to questionable brakes in that period. If you search Shelby goes Racing on YouTube, there is a documentary from that era. It's cheesy, but still entertaining as well.

#3 ·
Big weekend for Ford, with this movie and the Mach E tonight.

So while watching the movie I was reminded that with the right amount of talent, effort and of course funding.....any goal can be achieved. It really was incredible what Ford accomplished and how their image was instantly changed, against a well established marque like Ferrari and their legacy. It was also the start of Ford's globalization, in fact. So then how big of a hurdle is it really for Ford to really bring it with their BEV plans. We have only partially seen 1 of 16 products they are rolling out, and Lincoln will have their moment as well. So when someone mentions what a huge lead a start-up electric car company has over Ford, I think we should all remind ourselves of far greater challenges they overcame.

Anyway, looking forward to the reveal.

#4 · (Edited)
Watched it, I enjoyed the movie.

Majority of the racing seen in the movie was done with real cars/ replica cars.

-blog.consumerguide.com

-Motor1

Even the accidents in the racing scenes were actual replicas being crashed or light-weight replicas being launched into the air.

I had one question though.... where did they get all those 1st gen Ford Falcons used in the Ford factory scene. Some assembled, many half assembled...

-ew.com

#5 ·
Haven't seen it yet but plan to soon. Heard a lot of good things about it so far though.

#6 ·
Saw it last weekend, really enjoyed most of it. Matt Damon was not my pick to play Shelby, but he was fairly convincing pretty quickly.

The one glaring error I saw (fixating on the cars, as usual) was a blue Cobra Daytona coupe in several shots that obviously had newer/bigger Halibrand wheels. It was the only car not showing period-correct sidewalls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.