1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford Will Not Introduce New Fusion Hybrid in Los Angeles

Debut date of Fusion Hybrid up in the air

By Igor Holas

Autosavant was recently invited for a press preview of the models Ford will reveal at the Los Angeles International Auto Show (LAIAS) later in November. Notably, the invitation only talked about the new Lincoln MKS and the Bullitt Mustang, but did not mention the Fusion Hybrid.
MORE AT LINK: http://www.autosavant.net/2007/11/ford-will-not-introduce-new-fusion.html

Igor

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Re: Ford will not Intoduce ne Fusion in Los Angeles (autosavant.net)

Why would Ford use L.A. for TWO major introductions?

Ford is very much committed with the NAIAS where the redesigned Fusion will revealed. The Fusion Hybrid will probably be introduced in the NYIAS during the spring, or at least that's what I have heard.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Ford is very much committed with the NAIAS where the redesigned Fusion will revealed. The Fusion Hybrid will probably be introduced in the NYIAS during the spring, or at least that's what I have heard.
are you confident in this - at least moderately?

so redesign in Detroit and Hybrid in New York?

Igor

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

are you confident in this - at least moderately?

so redesign in Detroit and Hybrid in New York?

Igor
Moderately, "very" moderately.

As moderately confident as I was when I announced that the MKS would be introduced in L.A.

Maybe a detroit double whammy, but more likely Detroit - New York axle.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

There are a number of scenarios I can come up with in addition to ^^^

- We've never known exactly when the CD3 updates would go on sale. Whenever that is, by going with a later autoshow, the reveals will be closer to the intros - THAT'S A GOOD THING!
- Yeah, maybe they needed a little more time OR considering Ford's careful/slow ramp-ups, they knew they wouldn't have major stock available in the 1st half of year anyway.
- Maybe it's a sequence thing - they could want to start with MKZ then Milan then Fusion - letting the suspense build for the volume model and Of Course they would want to do the MKS & MKZ at the same show!... so MKS @ LAIAS, MKZ @ NAIAS, Milan @ Chicago, Fusion @ NYC? (think I have that order right)
- Maybe they're even thinking longer range? :eek: and think a later release will work into the EUCD2 scheduling better?
- Maybe they think the new Accord is so bad they can afford to save the triplets newness for a bit later?
D: some of the above
E: all of the above
F: none of the above

edit: I still want to know if the Panthers are getting their mystery makeover...
I'd be ecstatic if Chicago had the refreshed Milan AND a redone GM AND a Mercury-Focus AND a CX-ish Cuv
:D :D
:D
we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ford Fusion Hybrid coming: just not to L.A.

Ford Fusion Hybrid Will NOT Debut At LA Auto Show
Despite rumors to the contrary, it would appear the folks at Ford won't be revealing a hybrid version of the Ford Fusion at the LA Auto Show in two weeks. Our good buddy Igor's claiming not only will we not be seeing a hybridized Gilette-bladed Ford mid-size in LA, Ford is unsure when they'll be showing it off. Our best bet is the Fusion hybrid 'll end up in Detroit to maximize the bang for their PR buck via coordination with the mass of media attention that is the big show in D-town. [AutoSavant]

They better get this thing out for Detriot then! This means no new intro for Ford in L.A> correct? Were all pretty sure the MKS is coming though, and of course Mercury wont bring anything interesting to L.A.

·
Registered
200 Posts

So, wait, is this a complete redesign of the Fusion we're expecting at NAIAS
or just a brief makeover of the current model?

·
Registered
55 Posts

The 2009 Fusion/Milan as well as the 09 MKZ will be Mid-Cycle Updates similar in scope as the 2008 Taurus/500 update. It includes:

-a new front end design
-a rear end design
-a new interior
-more standard and available equipment.

And most importantly new engines:
-2.5 I4 with somthing like 170-180hp
-smaller I4 with Twin Force making 200hp
-3.5 V6-265hp
-2.5 Twin Force I4 with 260hp
-Hybrid model.

Not all of these are confirmed, but the new 2.5 I4, the 3.5 V6 and the Hybrid are and there are lots of rumors conerning one or both of the others This will give Fusion a bunch of fuel efficient engines with more than enough power as well as two performance engines.

The 09's are still on the excellent CD3 platform, but the 2011-2012's will be all new and will be on the CD4/EUCD2 platform that will be shared with the Mondeo, essentially the Western Hemisphere car will be badged Fusion (with some American tweaks) and the Eastern Hemisphere will be badged Mondeo (with some Euro and Asian tweaks). Got it?

·
Registered
182 Posts

The 2009 Fusion/Milan as well as the 09 MKZ will be Mid-Cycle Updates similar in scope as the 2008 Taurus/500 update. It includes:

-a new front end design
-a rear end design
-a new interior
-more standard and available equipment.

And most importantly new engines:
-2.5 I4 with somthing like 170-180hp
-smaller I4 with Twin Force making 200hp
-3.5 V6-265hp
-2.5 Twin Force I4 with 260hp
-Hybrid model.

Not all of these are confirmed, but the new 2.5 I4, the 3.5 V6 and the Hybrid are and there are lots of rumors conerning one or both of the others This will give Fusion a bunch of fuel efficient engines with more than enough power as well as two performance engines.

The 09's are still on the excellent CD3 platform, but the 2011-2012's will be all new and will be on the CD4/EUCD2 platform that will be shared with the Mondeo, essentially the Western Hemisphere car will be badged Fusion (with some American tweaks) and the Eastern Hemisphere will be badged Mondeo (with some Euro and Asian tweaks). Got it?

This clears so much up thanks, i think this Fusion will be really good, a true sports sedan in a rather large and bland midsized class

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

So, wait, is this a complete redesign of the Fusion we're expecting at NAIAS
or just a brief makeover of the current model?

basically agree with ds91776

just not sure about whether the interior is a materials-upgrade like the 500>>Taurus or more extensive - I've read that the center-stack is going to get an integrated faceplate which the Taurii&0Sable haven't gotten yet...

imho only the
- platform/architecture,
- roof, &
- windows,
are continuing;
and for the average car-buyer (who doesn't know or care what a CD3 is) everything will appear to be new,
so closer to the Escape/Mariner update BUT with new engines/drivetrains :)

here are links to my old chop of the AutoCosmos Fusion rendering with the watermark replaced by my imagining
139x90, 340x220, 680x440

edit: just noticed, anyone agree?, that the renderings foglites are a bit like the new/nextgen Mazda6's....

edit2: NDW or Sobe, would you please fix the spelling in the thread title?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.