1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Don't forget the SHO

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Wouldn't mind Fusion ST, Formula Ford, Tbird, or GT to go along with it.
A Thunderbird could happen....

A GT? I don't think the bean counters will approve of that.... I remember how long they sat in the showrooms.... They eventually became a piece of furniture.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
A Thunderbird could happen....

A GT? I don't think the bean counters will approve of that.... I remember how long they sat in the showrooms.... They eventually became a piece of furniture.
If they did do a new GT I would want it to go to LINCOLN! They NEED a Halo vehicle!

·
Registered
22 Posts
They need a Corvette fighter. Spec to spec, dollar to dollar. Anything above that, under either marque, is a massive waste of resources. That is, unless they want to piggyback it off a World Endurance Championship effort. Some kind of hybrid ****. I don't know.

I'd also like to see an M5 or CTS-V level fighter...

But you can't win 'em all.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Fusion SHO would round out the Ford line nicely.

Lincoln needs some performance luvin.
There is the EcoBoost MKS and MKT but I think they need more

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Good to hear. I like the way Edge Sport looks, but the 3.7L isn't terribly exciting for a Sport trim.
I believe the Sport is actually slower than the normal Edge because of the larger wheels

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm hoping that some rumors of special Fusions doing hot-weather testing in NM and AZ combine with a transmission survey Ford did on Facebook (many, many people pushed for manuals) combine for a better Fusion Sport/ST soon.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
AutolineDetroit
they asked Chief Engineer for Small Cars, John Davis about a Fusion ST
&
then DeLorenzo said he'd ALREADY spotted a tester
so
Davis didn't negate it
Interesting! If they put the ST badge on it it has to be a performer rather than using Sport as they did on the Edge which is really not much more that an appearance package, at least from a performance perspective. Given Ford has reserved the V6s for the MKZ I would guess we're looking at the 2.3EB for a Fusion ST! I think 350hp would move that car very nicely!!!

:rock:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts