Ford Inside News banner

Ford's US March Sales Best in Five Years

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Mikes5.0 
#1 ·
Ford Motor Company Posts Strongest U.S. March Sales in Five Years; Fusion, Focus, Edge Post Record Sales Months
Ford Media

Ford Motor Company posts its strongest U.S. March sales in five years with 223,418 vehicles sold – a 5 percent sales increase over last March
Ford Fusion posts its best sales month ever at 28,562 vehicles
Ford Focus has its best March sales ever at 28,293 vehicles
Ford Edge has its best March ever at 14,058 vehicles
F-Series March sales of 58,061 are up 9 percent, its best March sales performance since 2007; EcoBoost accounts for 41 percent of the F-150 retail sales

Download Full Sales Release (With Tables)

DEARBORN, Mich., April 3, 2012 – Ford Motor Company posted its best March U.S. sales month since 2007 – with the Ford Fusion recording its best month ever, Ford Focus and Ford Edge achieving their best March ever and the F-Series showing the strongest March sales in five years.

Total company sales totaled 223,418 vehicles for March, a 5 percent gain over year-ago levels. Retail sales increased 11 percent for the month.

For the first quarter, Ford Motor Company’s sales were up 9 percent versus year-ago levels, totaling 539,247 vehicles sold. The increases were driven by the popularity of Ford’s most fuel-efficient models posting record sales months.

March sales highlights:

Fusion set an all-time monthly sales record, with 28,562 vehicles sold.
Focus delivered its best March sales performance ever, selling 28,293 cars.
F-Series sold 58,061 for the month – a 9 percent increase versus last March and F-Series’ best March sales performance since 2007. EcoBoost accounted for 41 percent of the F-150 retail sales, with all V6 engines comprising 56 percent for the month.
The Ford Edge had it best March sales month ever, with 14,058 vehicles sold.
Ford began selling its Police Interceptor Sedans and Utilities at the end of March.
During the first quarter:

Car sales at Ford Motor Company were up 8 percent. The fuel-efficient Focus was the biggest seller among Ford’s car lineup, with sales up 78 percent during this period, with 66,043 vehicles sold.
Utility sales totaled 150,415 vehicles, a 6 percent increase versus year-ago levels. Escape sales were up 5 percent, making it the strongest-ever first quarter start for Escape – America’s best-selling utility.
Ford Motor Company truck sales increased 11 percent, with 195,807 vehicles sold. F-Series pickups – America’s top-selling truck for 35 years – posted sales of 143,827 vehicles for the quarter, a 14-percent increase versus the same period in 2011.

See less See more
#2 ·
MKS and MKT sales are up.. is that because of the new models?

#4 ·
Ford and Lincoln did a great job with the existing models taking up the slack of the outgoing Crown Vic, Ranger, and Town Car. Great to see Taurus and Mustang helping the numbers along with the great gains for Fusion and Focus.
I thought Explorer would level off at abt 12K, but it seems to keep charging ahead.

#7 ·
I believe there is an update coming soon for the Expy and Navi both from what I have heard are supposed to get the EcoBoost

#8 ·
MKS and MKT sales are up.. is that because of the new models?
Don't think so , Andrew
as of the end of last November in the 2013 OrderGuide thread
2013 MKS.... production starting 2/6/2012
2013 MKT.... production starting 2/27/2011
so if those were correct/un-updated-changed, I'd think they've barely started arriving at dealers yet

...wonder if Mercury was still around if they would have out sold all of GM
imho that could go a lot of different ways, George
but
using the "Small Mercs Theorem", ie 'Some' kinda of Milan**, the Mariner, & a Focus-based 'C557';
I'd have to say DEFINITELY
however
I frankly don't think Fomoco has the resources currently/yet to have built those without delaying or scrimping-on some of what they HAVE brought out

** would have loved to see the smaller RotW Mazda6 5door imported as a Milan with practically nothing in common with ANY Fusion or MKZ of ANY generation

Yikes the poor Expedition and Navigator aged styling is realy showing up on the sales chart. Why are they not restyling these anytime soon again? Its like they want them to just die off.
I'm hoping ford isn't trying to kill the last true suv line they have, but lack of redesigns either proves ford doesn't see them as a priority or they are satisfied with sales since no R&D has been spent.
quite some time ago, perhaps a couple YEARS, I saw stuff on the web that the next Expedition would re-join closely with the coming new-gen F150
and I haven't seen anything to make me think that's changed
the Navi is another thing altogether imho
I've been wondering if they could make a Aviator-&-Navi pair based on the Global Rwd Platform - - the lack of any news actually makes me consider this possible.
...imho the F-150/Expedition would have enough volume that no additional versions would be needed for profitability
whereas
adding versions to the GRwdP would have a BIG benefit in that regard
as well as adding uniqueness to Lincoln

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.