·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mercedes-Benz F125 Hydrogen Gullwing Concept: 2011 Frankfurt Auto Show
By: Viknesh Vijayenthiran
September 12, 2011
Motor Authority

Pointing the way towards the design of the next-generation S-Class and CL-Class is the brand new 2011 Mercedes-Benz F125 hydrogen-fueled gullwing coupe concept.

The striking concept car will be on show this week at the 2011 Frankfurt Auto Show, which officially kicks off tomorrow, but many of its details have been leaked today.

The “125” in its title signifies the 125th anniversary of when Carl Benz first registered his “vehicle with gas-engine drive” under patent number 37435 with the Berlin Patent Office, forever changing the way humans would travel.

Full text at link

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
The first Mercedes-Benz without a Mercedes-Benz's grille. The M-B designers already finished the marque destruction...

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first Mercedes-Benz without a Mercedes-Benz's grille. The M-B designers already finished the marque destruction...
I think its really sad what we are seeing from MB and BW alike. They are both losing their grace.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
That is one atrocious concept. The lack of an MB grille is the least of its problems. I am more worried about the oddly proportioned body. This however is completely influenced by the technology packed in the car and is a window of how hydrogen vehicles may look when they are not spinoff of a gasoline powered counterpart.

However I wouldn't count Mercedes out for the look of one concept car . . . far from it. As the gorgeous new C Class Coupe reminds us.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
The car, not only the grille, is a mess. The proportions are weird...

Could the engine bay carry an engine?? No overhangs are as ugly as extremely big overhangs... this car has no front end!!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's an engineering marvel if they can fit a near-Volt sized battery AND a current-gen fuel cell system, that's capable of 231hp, 620 miles per tank into a small SUV. To fit one in that tiny coupe? Difficult to believe. Even if there was no trunk at all, that would be amazing.

Not saying that they're flat-out lying, I really don't know. But if they can truly meet the claims layed out in the article, Daimler has a serious lead in fuel cell tech over everyone else...

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Mercedes-Benz F125 Hydrogen Gullwing Concept: 2011 Frankfurt Auto Show
By: Viknesh Vijayenthiran
September 12, 2011
Motor Authority

Pointing the way towards the design of the next-generation S-Class and CL-Class is the brand new 2011 Mercedes-Benz F125 hydrogen-fueled gullwing coupe concept.

The striking concept car will be on show this week at the 2011 Frankfurt Auto Show, which officially kicks off tomorrow, but many of its details have been leaked today.

The “125” in its title signifies the 125th anniversary of when Carl Benz first registered his “vehicle with gas-engine drive” under patent number 37435 with the Berlin Patent Office, forever changing the way humans would travel.

Full text at link

Front end reminds me of the Lincoln MKR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts