Ford Inside News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford To Gain Most From Toyota Woes

Toyota's recalls crisis is expected to help drive the company's share of the U.S. market to about 12%, its lowest level in nearly five years in February.

When monthly auto sales are reported Tuesday, the industry will get to see which automakers, such as Ford, were the most successful at snapping up the Japanese automaker's customers.
Ford sales are expected to increase 35% -- substantially more than the 9%-14% gain expected for the entire auto industry, according to estimates from Edmunds.com and TrueCar.com.
"Ford is benefitting directly from Toyota's recall," said Jesse Toprak of TrueCar.com.
Ford sales analyst George Pipas said that he expects "another strong showing."
While Toyota's troubles dampened auto sales, snowstorms that blanketed the Northeast also played a major role in keeping consumers out of showrooms, dealers said.

LINK

·
Registered
37 Posts
This does not surprise me, I once owned a Toyota, 2 in fact, both Avalons and the cars were OK enough-I couldn't tolerate the dealership and one service writer in particular, which I won't go into publically.

The Toyota was also very expensive to repair, unlike the Ford & GM products my family & I own.

·
Registered
384 Posts
It's easy enough to see why Ford is the one poised to do well off of Toyota's problems. Around here, the many simpletons I work with tend to spout the "government motors" argument about GM, and if they aren't considering a Charger or 300, they probably aren't even thinking about Chrysler. Another good reason is that all Toyota really had was its reliability. There is little of excitement to be found in their current range of vehicles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts