Ford Inside News banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full Tank: Creativity-wise, the Mazda BT-50 launch is tops

THE managing director himself of Mazda Philippines had done the briefing. I have yet to find a car company’s main bigwig do that. Neat.

“We are here to play,” said Dave Macasadia, the dapper Mazda chieftain in the country. “The Mazda BT-50 is all yours today.”

Joey Avellana took it over from there.

“Indeed, you will be the first to embrace Mazda’s latest hotshot,” said Joey, the youthful head of the famous Avellana & Associates. “I’m pretty sure you will enjoy the experience.”

I did. And the rest of a select group of motoring journalists invited for the occasion in a journey called Zoom! Zoom! to Subic did, too.

The two-day joust proved to be memorable if only because we did play with the Mazda BT-50. The accompanying satellite games concocted by Joey’s gang at Avellana, led by Rosanne Guerrero, completed a day filled with thrills and frills worth keeping in the memory bank.
LINK

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
A Philippine Mazda truck would have to be exceptionally different and/or revolutionary to be of any interest whatsoever for me. That is one ugly and unremarkable truck, hardly newsworthy.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I love how this site reports on news from even the most of unlikely places. now regarding this truck, I like how rugged it looks. It might do quite well here on the high end here in the States aganist these two trucks, especially if the price is right.

Ford should consinder adding it to the Ranger range, especially with the snokle.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I love how this site reports on news from even the most of unlikely places. now regarding this truck, I like how rugged it looks. It might do quite well here on the high end here in the States aganist these two trucks, especially if the price is right.

Ford should consinder adding it to the Ranger range, especially with the snokle.
You have got to be kidding.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
You have got to be kidding.
Seriously, I like the look of this Ranger Dear SobeSVT. Its clearly a Ranger based truck.
I also like the way you guys will report on small places like that story on batam from south africa or this one, and one you recently did on something from thailand was it?
like today, what product news are there other than bail out overkill?

The truck has good ground clearance, more hummer-ish than Tacoma and a snorkel, bigger tires, which tells me, it’s got some of road capabilities unlike the North American ranger.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I wonder if my dear sobe still thinks this would not stack well as a top of the range Ranger in the USA, aganist the likes of Tacoma.
I'm not sure what my bud Sobe has to say about it but in my opinion this truck would be a big improvement over the current Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series. Don't get me wrong I think the Ranger and B-Series are great little trucks and the Ranger still sells pretty well but I think this truck could really take on the competition and probably win.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts