Ford Inside News banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrival: 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - MotorTrend

Blending Efficiency, Affordability, and Driving Quality

From the May, 2010 issue of Motor Trend / Photography by Julia LaPalme, Jessica Germiller, Brian Vance
Until recently, Ford has had an exasperating habit of introducing cars that, while initially offering lots of promise, aren't followed up with the sort of painstaking polish a flat-out world-beater needs. So imagine our astonishment when we climbed behind the wheel of the 2010 Fusion during our most recent Car of the Year program. Not only had Ford so substantially revamped it that it qualified for the contest, but the Fusion's newfound refinement, greater solidity, and broad spectrum of impressive variations propelled it straight into the winner's circle...

...over the next year, we'll being watching to see if its newfound impression of polish continues to sparkle.

Update 1
From the June, 2010 issue of Motor Trend
After taking our 2010 Car of the Year home for the night, associate Web editor Kirill Ougarov notes, "The Fusion impressed me during the commute home. Not only is the entire package put together well, but the hybrid aspect of the car is excellently executed. Transitions from gas to electric mode and vice versa are completely and utterly seamless, and with gentle-enough use of the throttle, I got the Fusion to go purely on electric power all the way to about 40 mph...

Update 2
June 06, 2010
With nearly 10,000 miles on the odometer, the Fusion Hybrid is about ready for its second service stop. Its initial visit, an inexpensive $43.61 oil change, inspection, and tire rotation, came at 5000 miles. Art director Mike Royer spent a day with the Fusion and notes, "After limited time in the Fusion seat, I'm hit with the urge to drive it a long, long distance-like cross-country long.

"It's comfortable and responsive, and the idea of nearly 600 miles on a single tank of gas just seems so...liberating. Something about not having to stop for that distance psychologically makes me want to drive that distance. I imagine I'd wear out before it needed gas, but damn if I wouldn't try." Royer, a diehard Cincinnati Reds fan, also points out that "iPhone + Ford's Bluetooth Sync = baseball heaven."

Update 3
From the October, 2010 issue of Motor Trend
"It's very comfortable and roomy inside," says Assistant Web producer Nate Martinez of the Fusion Hybrid, adding, "The ride quality is plush and the handling stable and communicative. You have to love its range too; topped full I had 604 miles until empty." Compliments aside, Martinez is lukewarm on the Ford's styling and isn't in love with the regenerative brakes...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts