Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler brand to double lineup

The Chrysler brand will begin its expansion in 2016 from three nameplates to six when it adds a compact car, the 100 sedan.

The ambitious expansion, which includes two plug-in hybrids, will help transform the brand into Chrysler Group's full-line Ford and Chevrolet fighter over the next five years.

The new nameplates will take the Chrysler brand into segments where it hasn't been in several years.

100: Chrysler's new compact sedan will share a platform with the next Dodge Dart, but with a decidedly less sporty appearance. Due in 2016, the 100 will have a nine-speed automatic transmission, Chrysler's new Hurricane inline-four engine and styling and interior appointments from the larger 200.

Read More: http://www.autonews.com/article/20140901/OEM04/309019967/chrysler-brand-to-double-lineup

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Re: Chrysler brand to double lineup

So Chrysler's 100 will share a platform with the Dart and styling cues from the 200 which shares its platform with the Dart. I don't get the point of Chrysler's existence at this point, they should shutter it and run with Dodge, Jeep, and Ram. There is nothing Chrysler does that Dodge couldn't do as well or better.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

So Chrysler's 100 will share a platform with the Dart and styling cues from the 200 which shares its platform with the Dart. I don't get the point of Chrysler's existence at this point, they should shutter it and run with Dodge, Jeep, and Ram. There is nothing Chrysler does that Dodge couldn't do as well or better.
I think the plan is the opposite: shut down Dodge and give Chrysler all the line of mainstream vehicles. That is why Marchionni created a new brand for the Dodge trucks: Ram

·
Registered
183 Posts

Bring back the Lebaron coupe and convertible, how about adding a sexy Chrysler 200 wagon, and a compact or sub compact crossover.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
1964 Imperial LeBaron - push-button transmission, torsion ride, quiet
1970 T&C SuperCommando 440, 9-passenger, Rear Air
1972 Imperial LeBaron - those front marker lights - you knew that it was coming from a block away
and 1974 the last year of good, Chrysler Product
1974 Chrysler LeBaron - style, Low beltline, 15mpg when the Lincoln and Caddy got 10
All day comfort, convenience and quiet...
Now I'm a Ford/Lincoln guy and the biggest comeback has started.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts

Dodge was a pretty big name in the mainstream market. It was pretty dumb of them to take the trucks and the Viper away. They even had/have a well-received design language. Chrysler should have been axed since day one of new management. Then, the corporate name should have been changed to "Atlantic Automobiles N.V.".

The Chrysler brand has never been a luxury brand in my lifetime, and they don't have a rich heritage like Lincoln and Cadillac. The cars that were pointed out in the post above me were Imperials, not Chryslers. Imperial was short-lived and wasn't very popular.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts