·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Ranger Wildtrak Debuts at 2011 Geneva Motor Show
by Mike Levine
February 28, 2011
PickupTrucks

We're not at the 2011 Geneva International Motor Show, but our friends from Jalopnik are, and they just sent us photos of the new 2011 Ford Ranger Wildtrak double cab making its debut there.

The Ranger Wildtrak is Ford's top-of-the-line midsize truck for markets outside North America. It's a stylish version of all-new Ranger "T6" that goes on sale later this year.

Full text at link

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Damn what a nice truck!

if only they offered it here!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
sorta-on-topic
not being a truck guy (at all) my main comment is interesting,
as in "good-interesting-but-confusing" UPHOLSTERY

wonder why they have the breatheable fabric on the bolsters instead of the seats

off-topic
recently been wondering if an imported T6 pickup with a new front + every luxury mankind can invent
would be a good LINCOLN?
I've got more reasons spelled-out somewhere ... if I ever wake up today I'll add them here

·
Registered
414 Posts
As much as I'd like Ford to offer a smaller truck than the F150, the styling of the T6 Ranger does nothing for me.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
sorta-on-topic
not being a truck guy (at all) my main comment is interesting,
as in "good-interesting-but-confusing" UPHOLSTERY

wonder why they have the breatheable fabric on the bolsters instead of the seats

off-topic
recently been wondering if an imported T6 pickup with a new front + every luxury mankind can invent
would be a good LINCOLN?
I've got more reasons spelled-out somewhere ... if I ever wake up today I'll add them here
NO MORE LINCOLN TRUCKS! LOL!

seriously though. I would love if they would sell this here. **** if they made Troller a global brand they could sell this as a Troller if they didn't want it eating into F Series sales. Or why not call it an F-100?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^

&
found my other LincolnLightTruck post:
what about a superLux T6 for Lincoln?
- it wouldn't have to under-$ell the F-150 that way
- negates direct comparisons
- import costs wouldn't be noticeable under all that Luxury ;)
- be an interesting experiment/proof of how badly people want a small(er) truck!!
- & would help (or not hurt) CAFE.
Maybe even a couple/several forms?

^old quickie Ford T6 chops^ (that last one ^ has 6 doors - for those who remember those discovered Ford patents)​
actually, all the trucklets pictured (except the longer pickup) use half-doors for rear access; so they could use the B-Maxes pillarless feature!!
my main quibble would be if most LLT buyers were "overly" price sensitive
tho
imho the LLT could be priced Equal to some F-150s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts