Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geneva LIVE: Hyundai's mid-engined design study

Hyundai has traveled to the Geneva Motor Show to unveil a stunning new design study created in conjunction with students at one of Italy's top industrial design universities.

The IED PassoCorto is a joint project between Hyundai's European design center and Turin's Istituto Europeo di Design (hence the initials in its name). The collab employed the efforts of 16 students working towards their transportation design Master's degrees, guided by Luca Borgogno, lead designer at Pininfarina.

The IED PassoCorto, which means "short wheelbase" in Italian, would theoretically sport a mid-engine layout with a bi-turbo, 266hp 1.6-liter four nestled behind the driver. Overall length measures 161 inches with a 96.5-inch wheelbase.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/hyundai-ied-passocorto.html#ixzz2v73qkL5H

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to see a mid-engine Lincoln concept car, just to steal some atention of cars journalist, just to say: "We can do amazing this"!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I would love to see a mid-engine Lincoln concept car, just to steal some atention of cars journalist, just to say: "We can do amazing this"!
I would love to see that, something on the lines of the R8. The thing is that Lincoln needs to first have a full competent luxury lineup. They need the MKS replacement asap, a MKX replacement asap, maybe a small luxury car to compete with the CLA, and something that get the people talking about the brand. A big RWD coupe with unique American styling with no compromises and only the best and latest technology, with an interior that would make an Audi feel like a Skoda.

Also, powertrains! Lincoln needs the Nano V6 soon and even more important, they need new transmissions. They need an 8 speed or that 9 speed they are working on. And they need a unique vehicle, something that Ford doesn't have an equivalent on their showroom, something that makes you say: "That's a TRUE Lincoln".

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to see that, something on the lines of the R8. The thing is that Lincoln needs to first have a full competent luxury lineup. They need the MKS replacement asap, a MKX replacement asap, maybe a small luxury car to compete with the CLA, and something that get the people talking about the brand. A big RWD coupe with unique American styling with no compromises and only the best and latest technology, with an interior that would make an Audi feel like a Skoda.

Also, powertrains! Lincoln needs the Nano V6 soon and even more important, they need new transmissions. They need an 8 speed or that 9 speed they are working on. And they need a unique vehicle, something that Ford doesn't have an equivalent on their showroom, something that makes you say: "That's a TRUE Lincoln".
agree, I mean a mid engine concept just for showing, Lincoln needs a new MKS ASAP, not sure if a new MKX ASAP, more needed is a new MKT....Lincoln will be a different luxury brand if they can sell 30k+ new MKTs (like the MDX), 30k MKS and 34k+ MKZ and don´t forget about the MKC with probably 40k+.................and I agree with a compact car like the CLA.

·
Registered
428 Posts
agree, I mean a mid engine concept just for showing, Lincoln needs a new MKS ASAP, not sure if a new MKX ASAP, more needed is a new MKT....Lincoln will be a different luxury brand if they can sell 30k+ new MKTs (like the MDX), 30k MKS and 34k+ MKZ and don´t forget about the MKC with probably 40k+.................and I agree with a compact car like the CLA.
Why tease us with a possible concept car that they might never make? No concept, jut make the car!

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why tease us with a possible concept car that they might never make? No concept, jut make the car!
just to show some design elements, the same as this hyundai, I don´t think you´ll ever see an affordable mid engine car

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I have to admit I don't see hardly any purpose in the R8.
I *do* think it's attractive - probably better than Ferraris, Lambos, Bugatti;
way nicer than any TT (tho NOT quite equal to the Stingray!)
but kinda out-of-date with it's v12(10?)
yet even an electrified über-2-seater (while I might dig the drivetrain, like the NSX) just seems kinda irresponsible,self-centered,Lonely...

re: this showcar

sure hope Peter Schreyer is mainly using the project to see which students NOT to hire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts