Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
How stupid can GM be? Chevy is American as American pie.

Its like coca cola saying we cannot use coke anymore? Someone needs to go home for this.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
two comments:

- WOW! afaik we didn't have a chance to get the original TABOO article posted before they flip-flopped
&
- I always thought it was "Chebby"
LOL, Chebby, sounds funny

How stupid can GM be? Chevy is American as American pie.

Its like coca cola saying we cannot use coke anymore? Someone needs to go home for this.
I love the coca cola analogy

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Okay...this was just pathetic...we all know that Chevy, is short for Chevrolet...we all see the word Chevrolet on the side of any Chevrolet dealer. Americans are not this stupid. This to me is just another piece of evidence that GM is one, struggling to figure out how to successfully market its new line of cars...and two, is still suffering from much of the corporate beuraucracy that plagued the company right up to and through its Government assisted bail out.

If this were the first of April, I'd pass it off as an April Fools joke...but this is really, just freaking pathetic. GM...oh wait, General Motors, get your act together and get out of this stupid mindset! This is just as stupid as Ford saying we can't say FoMoCo and we have to say Ford Motor Company instead.

Seriously...this is just stupid.

RG59061

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll cut them some slack and say
it just makes me think that GM (or its bureaucracy) is just too big for the smart parts to know what the dumb parts are doing...
...sorta like a brontosaurus, where there's up to 90 ft between its not-so-big brain and the tip of its tail

...This is just as stupid as Ford saying we can't say FoMoCo and we have to say Ford Motor Company instead...
actually I have a feeling (that's all it is) that at least some faction within FoMoCo-Dearborn doesn't like that abbreviation & would prefer it not be used

1 - 6 of 6 Posts