Ford Inside News banner

GM Pres. joins GMI

Tags
gmi joins pres
5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  SobeSVT 
#1 ·
Mark Reuss, President of GM, joins (& posts @) GMI (LINK)
Originally Posted by "markreuss"
Well--here I am and yep I read all of this regularly. I use the site often because it is a very efficient way to get data on how we are doing and what people think of us.

I have been with the company from day 1--from engineering engine valvetrains to programming robots in a plant, to where I am now. I saw what was done, and I here to fix it and make it right with the rest of the GM team. I am passionate to make it right--we were given a second chance and we cannot / will not allow anything but success. I cannot change what happened in the past--I know the failure on many fronts of a company focussed only on structural cost. People in our company that cannot do the right thing because we thrift service and products. Nothing is more painful for the customer (except maybe the employees in the company watching it).

I am also a realist. This is did not happen in one year--but rather over many years. There are no silver bullets--we are attacking this every day--dealer by dealer and customer by customer. I worked in a dealer in Ct last week--shadowed every department and took it all in as a trainee. I took all of this back to my staff and we now are embarking on a new journey of "supporting the operator" --to take a page from manufacturing--so we must make the jobs of our dealers (customers) and our paying customers--much easier and less complex--and therefore higher quality.

It is a journey for many years--started by things we can do today immediately. Our field staff needs to feel empowerment again--and be able to step in and solve the issue. These are great people who have been beaten down and need to again feel they can do what is right for the customer. On the product front--we all want more--faster--BUT do not forget the BK. We delayed, cancelled, and took things out. And now we are pulling forward and putting back in cars and trucks. NOT if quality is in question. The core of satisfaction must remain long term quality and reliability--this is the key to retaining customers willing to give us another try.

We delivered a new Regal to a lady who had not been in a GM car since 1978!! We MUST satisfy her both in product and services over the long haul and I know we will. Our dealers are the heros for sticking with us--and a lot who did not want to continue are no longer around as well--so I feel decent about our footprint and the energy to be successful in this second chance we have. Day by day, customer by customer, product by product. With a humble, customer focus. So, thanks for the comments--good and bad--they focus me for my job.

regards--mark

(spacing added by 2b2 for readability)

See less See more
#7 ·
Detractors? LOL . . . hardly. GMI got sanitized for this move.
How so? Nothing has been edited because of Mark being on the site. I fact, no one even had any advance on his involvement. Even his PR guy did not know until after he posted.

If you read the posts in the thread he posted in...most are brutally honest about GM. Sure, they are elated to have him personally there, but they are letting him have it on the company.

#8 ·
How so? Nothing has been edited because of Mark being on the site. I fact, no one even had any advance on his involvement. Even his PR guy did not know until after he posted.

If you read the posts in the thread he posted in...most are brutally honest about GM. Sure, they are elated to have him personally there, but they are letting him have it on the company.
I was banned, remember?

#10 ·
Its always good to know the big shots are listening. Having followed the Mt82 transmission fiasco in the Mustang I know Ford is reading about it but has yet to solve the issues or make any kind of meaningful statement. They have killed the resale on these cars already. Kudos to Mr Reuss for letting everybody know he does care and listen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.