Ford Inside News banner

GMfan1111 goes deep into dearborn to see what he could find

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  theoldwizard1 
#1 ·
GMfan1111 Visits Dearborn: Gets Spyshots of Fords

GMfan1111 Visits Dearborn: Gets Spyshots of Fords

Hi guys after the cold welcome I got at my most recent trip to MPG from their spyphotog hunters I decided to change scenery and go Dearborn and see if I could spot the new 2012 "world ranger" that has been making the automotive scene recently. Unfortunately they were not out on the roads today :( However i couldn't leave Dearborn empty handed and come back with nothing for Fomoco news so I decided to drive around near the general area of the Oakwood blvd/Rotunda intersection to see if anything turned up and It was pretty active today. There were Numerous testers out and about despite the wet weather. However since i had to shoot and drive at the same time (I'll hopefully have a helper on photo duty in the near future) I couldn't shoot photos of every single one Heres what i saw that i couldn't shoot

Ford Explorer Mule

MKS ecoboost model with clear tailights and two tone paintjob

Numerous Mustang Mules testing the new V8's

A Taurus SHO

A ford Super duty testing the new diesel

and Numerous Diesel F-150 and navigator testers outside the powertrain development center

See less See more
#2 ·
Now with the boring narrative out of the way here's the good stuff

Ford Fiesta

second shot of the Fiesta sedan (I couldn't get a front shot sorry)

Ford tester with the new scorpion V8 (the odd hood is a big time tip off) It took three tries in a yellow turn in lane before i finally got it theres was a second one just off camera in dually form

More pix will be posted as soon as i can get them onto photobucket

#3 ·
Part 2

Trio of F-150s

Truck 1. a Normal F-150

Truck 2. Model with Flexfuel engine

Truck 3. The all new SVT Raptor (it looks great in person)

Front side of Raptor

And all of this is a Fomoconews Exclusive:D Hopefully I'll be able to head out to Dearborn at least two more times but with Gas prices inching higher and the long drive It's not going to be a weekly endeavor

#5 ·
It's the Fiesta sedan as for my feeling on what we can expect to see IMO expect it to resemble the hatch in styling though there will be slight tweaks to meet safety requirements here in the states and a change in rear styling. As mentioned before i could not get a shot of the front but it was also camoed like the blue one that was shot recently so nothing new there. As for engines It will probably be powered by a EB at some point either at launch or just after launch (the latter being more likely)

#8 ·
Very nice, thanks for posting.
Thanks so much, Gmfan1111

&
I love this first photo
not just becuz of the Fiesta but

looks like EVERY vehicle is a Ford :)

love the Raptor too - wish Fomoco would adapt its grille to [strike]every truck[/strike]
make that EVERY VEHICLE!! (not sure about the Mustang but) It'd be cool on Everything(else)!!!
No prob guys while my intended target was not out and about It was still fun to see and shoot all of these testers (the fiesta sedan was a nice consolation prize)

#10 ·
That one was actually pretty tough to do but the ones I saw had odd exhaust pipes which is the only visual clue to indicate that the Coyote V8 was under the hood as shown in previous spy shots

#11 ·
Re Fiesta mule, is Ford N.A. going to still use those coarse black/gray exterior door handles?
I thought Ford N.A. was joining the global team and draw from the same parts bin.

#13 ·
Is the Coyote V8 a Diesel? DOH, OHV? what is the info on it?
The Coyote is a conventional V8 that is supposed to replace the current 4.6 liter and the 5.4 liter V8's and It packs 400 horsepower. As for whether it's OHV or DOH those details have not been released but expect the new engine to make it's formal debut in base 2011 F-150's and 2011 Mustang GT's

#14 ·
Re Fiesta mule, is Ford N.A. going to still use those coarse black/gray exterior door handles?
I thought Ford N.A. was joining the global team and draw from the same parts bin.
I thought so too but the door handles could either be just for testing purposes or it could be standard issue on base Fiesta sedans (I wouldn't expect higher trims to have these door handles)

#16 ·
...the confusing one was the 6.2 BOSS/Hurricane because there were also future competition/crate engines on that architecture that were said to be OHV...
The BOSS/Hurricane is in it 3rd incarnation and I think at least one of those it was a pushrod.

2 valve (but they are huge valves) per cylinder, 2 plugs per cylinder, SOHC, variable cam timing. Last I heard they gave up on the cylinder deactivation, at least for Job #1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.