Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys it's me Fomocos unoffical man on the ground for all the things ford would rather not have you see. On my last trip to dearborn i saw some really cool cars but unfortunately other than a Ford fiesta nothing really stood out. That has all changed with this latest heaping helping of pics. First though (like last time) a narrative of all the cars that i could not shoot

1. a F-350 dually with what appeared to be an extender of some sort between the cab and the bed (could a crew cab be in the cards?)

2. A Volvo SUV with numerous sensors and antennas on the roof (maybe testing the new safety system Volvo has been touting recently (really wish i could've gotten a shot of that)

3. a red 2010 GT500 convertible

4. a 2010/11 ford explorer mule with more conventional rims on it (no prototypes as of yet

5. nude MKX

now with that out of the way here are the pics (more will be coming soon) enjoy

A lincoln MKX tester unfortunately the driver got away before any good shots could be taken but patience....

paid off 10 minutes later with this edge tester just before it too made it to the safety of ford proving grounds

a 2011 super duty also made an appearance. It was retribution for me because earlier this month I ran into one on Vandyke but due to the intersection i was on (I couldn't turn left) I was forced to let it go so I was more than pleased to finally snap a shot of one

an old flex EB tester (note the white rear bumper which houses the EB issue dual exhausts)

Finally this Ford Transit Van from Ford china. Unlike the Transit connect this beast could be a good competitor for the dodge sprinter and be a good replacement for the full size econoline

In addition I did see a NUDE 2010 Lincoln MKX :D . I couldn't get a shot of it and I saw it for less than a minute (It was on the move on one of the facilitys twisting roads) but All I can say is that the front end styling looked awesome (much better than the current egg crate grille thing on the current MKX) also the rear lights (didn't get as good of a look at those) will most likely be very similar to the MKZ's (basing this on the camoed tester I saw prior to seeing the nude one)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Let me start with the Transit. That is one Massive Van!! its bigger than econoline. I thought these things were, minivan size?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me start with the Transit. That is one Massive Van!! its bigger than econoline. I thought these things were, minivan size?
you must be thinking of the upcoming transit connect model. This beast is a full size transit diesel model (which is alot closer to the econoline in size)

·
Registered
498 Posts
you must be thinking of the upcoming transit connect model. This beast is a full size transit diesel model (which is alot closer to the econoline in size)
I now see. There are two different models in the transit family.
That Edge looks like the same one featured here last week..

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
part 2 (had to deal with stupid photobucket niggles) there were alot of MKT's today enjoy

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I now see. There are two different models in the transit family.
That Edge looks like the same one featured here last week..
it could be I'm just glad i managed to catch it before it escaped. There was third edge/MKX tester with a big iron bar pointing straight up on the front end (possibly a device to test either air resistance or the load of the suspension. I decided to give this tester (it did look ugly with the bar on) some mercy and not shoot it

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the pix, Gmfan

is it just me or do these MKT pix look 10 times better than most? :)
no prob and thanx for the compliments 2b2. The MKT IMO looks way better in person but the rear end still looks bloated. and here's one final pic i found while digging around in my memory card

It's a Harley davidson model F-250 towing a test trailer behind this truck (obscured by the econoline) was a Caldeba F-250

I'd go to dearborn more often if it wasn't for the gas consumption and the miles it put's on my car (it hit 99,000 while i was pursuing the Transit) the change in scenery was certainly worth it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The MKT looks like its going to be a real good offering from Ford...

Its competation is probably the Pacifica and the MB wagonisq type vehicle.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Love the pics. In almost all of the pics, there are only Fords.

To comment about the MKT looking better in person.....I AGREE!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts