Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM's Akerson thinks successor should come from within; "won't back off" criticism of Lincoln
By Jeremy Korzeniewski
Apr 26th 2012
AutoBlog

Despite this acknowledgement, Akerson is still not one to pull punches. GM's CEO famously said of Ford's luxury brand, "They are trying like **** to resurrect Lincoln. Well, I might as well tell you, you might as well sprinkle holy water. It's over." And he's not backing down. "A little bit of holy water wouldn't hurt, I won't back off that."

If a rumored billion-dollar investment and a slew of heavily updated models is equivalent to "holy water," we'd say Ford must agree with Akerson's assessment.

Full text at link

·
Registered
306 Posts
Akerson is a first rate idiot. Mulally has more intelligence in his pinkie nail on his right hand than Akerson has ever possessed. Cadillac is a moribun brand - its design direction is stale, its cars are over pried, it sales are declining steadily, it is not a luxury brand since it offers no luxury, Buick is encroaching on its lower price point area, and the models it has introduced lately have been bombs in the marketplace - even the SRX is now tanking in sales. Last couple of months every Cadillac model was in sales decline. The only thing Cadillac offers of substance is an engine. The rest of its products are third rate, mass produced, cramped, ugly, and look like $25k common man's cars.

And Lincoln has only just started its revival. Cadillac has shot everything it has and it is tanking.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I wouldn't be the first time that GM ate crow... nor the last...
Changing the way that Lincoln does business? YES they are.
Lincoln are learning their owners' ways and wants.
Add economy, design, comfort, convenience and with this will come
The New Lincoln
it has started...

·
Registered
997 Posts
I really want to see Lincoln blow Cadillac out of the water.(I'm sure we all want to see this) The ATS is nothing but a cheap copy of a Mercedes. At least future Lincolns will look like Lincolns and not a cheap copy of something else. Lincoln should focus not on being #1 in sales at this time but instead steamrolling Cadillac in every way then move on. Akerson should sprinkle holy water on the XTS. What's so great about That vehicle?? The only way the XTS will be a sales success is to dump them on rental car companies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a Lincoln owner (an LS), a life long Ford owner and seeing what Ford is doing to bring Lincoln division back, I have to sadly agree with Akerson's assessment. Nothing they are doing convinces me they have a clue as to what American luxury car is or should be. My next vehicle will be a RWD vehicle from either Chrysler, Cadillac, or one of the European makes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts