Ford Inside News banner

Good bye, 2013 MKZ 3.7, Hello.....

Tags
bye good mkz
7K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Andrew L 
#1 ·
...2015 MKZ Hybrid!:thumb:

As you guys already know, I delayed the purchase of the new MKX (BL) and decided to try a Hybrid for a change:

Later, I'll post a detailed list of options....:smile:

See less See more
#4 ·
What a beauty. Love that color. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, ThomasWC!

Yeah, the color is indeed a bit different than the black - but it certainly is interesting and grabs attention.

This is the configuration:

2015 MKZ Hybrid

Ruby Red Metallic Exterior
Light Dune Interior

Reserve Equipment Group

Technology Package
Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels with Painted Pockets
Multi-Contour Seats
THX Premium Audio System

#6 ·
Wao..... Beautiful car. That red color is amazing. The details ( chromed side rear view mirrors, the wheels, the tailligths) aré very elegant. That big sunrrof is the unique item i dont choice If i buy a MKZ. Is too big, heavy and the opening is not as big to justify it.

Congratulatios, you bought the best médium size sedan in the market rigth now!

#7 ·
imho the MKZ is a total chameleon
This is so true!

Colors and wheels make such a huge impact on the overall impression.

Black, white and red are my favorite colors - combined either with these painted wheels or the ones you get on the Black Label.

Put on the chrome wheels and the pick the Dune exterior paint and you have a totally different appearance....

#8 ·
Wao..... Beautiful car. That red color is amazing. The details ( chromed side rear view mirrors, the wheels, the tailligths) aré very elegant. That big sunrrof is the unique item i dont choice If i buy a MKZ. Is too big, heavy and the opening is not as big to justify it.

Congratulatios, you bought the best médium size sedan in the market rigth now!
Thanks!

What I like about the big sunroof - especially on the red or white paint - is its contrast. Right now, I can't use it because it's simply too hot but when I'm opening it, it still gets a lot of attention.

I also got lucky in regards to the production date. MY15 was built until 4/1 and mine was built 3/12 - so it's one of the newer MY15s. Getting all the incentives on a car that was built less than 4 months ago isn't bad...:thumb:

#14 ·
Thanks, guys!

Basically, I spent the entire weekend on the new car. From Sirius to the toll-transponder to the radio-presets, seat-settings and phone-pairing - everything needs to be set. And of course, there is a lot to learn on your first Hybrid.

But I guess I finally managed it now!:thumb:

#17 ·
Seeing the MKZ pictures here, i think this car is perfect for something revolutionary to set it apart from others ... the return of the two tone exterior paint, like this 1982 Continental:

View attachment 17409
View attachment 17425

The hard line that runs from the headligth's border to the rear is perfect for a chrome trim, like the one in the Continental pictured...

Attachments

#18 ·
Welcome to the MKZ Hybrid world!

#20 ·
I had a 3.7 once when my MKZ Hybrid was in for service, and didn't find the added power worth it versus the efficiency of the hybrid in day to day driving. If you're doing a lot of driving on the open highway I can see how it might be fun, but for driving on city streets at 45 or less the hybrid works great and is especially pleasant when it drops into EV mode.

#21 ·
I had a 3.7 once when my MKZ Hybrid was in for service, and didn't find the added power worth it versus the efficiency of the hybrid in day to day driving. If you're doing a lot of driving on the open highway I can see how it might be fun, but for driving on city streets at 45 or less the hybrid works great and is especially pleasant when it drops into EV mode.
THIS! I don't do much highway driving anymore it's all city commute for me where I might hit 50 between a long stretch of lights. The 3.7 I drove when I had the LS in for service was seriously quick though... probably as quick if not quicker than the 2nd gen LS V8 which was 0-60 in ~6.3 seconds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.