Ford Inside News banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
It just makes sense to me that if Shelby developed its S/C kit for the 5.0 and that development was done at
Ford's own engine test locations, it stands to reason that the entire engine would thus be up for validation.
So then add some capacity to 5.2 and back the boost off a little and Voila, one reliable 750 HP package.
If Ford decides to drop in a Supercharged cross-plane 5.2 Voodoo under the upcoming GT500's hood, it would most likely be more exclusive than the bolt-on Ford Performance Supercharger kits used by Shelby's post-title Mustangs.

·
Registered
511 Posts
If Ford decides to drop in a Supercharged cross-plane 5.2 Voodoo under the upcoming GT500's hood, it would most likely be more exclusive than the bolt-on Ford Performance Supercharger kits used by Shelby's post-title Mustangs.
Especially if that engine goes into basically the GT350-R to make that GT500...

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
One simply can't use the outputs of those not bound by cost accountants, NVH engineers, and those in the emissions compliance business to extrapolate numbers for an oem engine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
Considering where the competition is with forced induction engines a GT500 would need
to be north of 700 HP to give it sufficient head room over the current competition and any
near future developments.

PTAW block technology is well proven and I suspect that this time around, Ford will be
leaning much harder on the GT500 be it 5.0 or 5.2 liters.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
One simply can't use the outputs of those not bound by cost accountants, NVH engineers, and those in the emissions compliance business to extrapolate numbers for an oem engine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Sure they Can.

Or have you not heard of the Hellcat and Demon?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts