Ford Inside News banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://horsepowerkings.com/report-2016-shelby-gt350r-clocks-732-19-nurburgring-lap/

The 2016 Shelby GT350R has clocked a blistering-fast 7:32.19 at the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife. That’s nearly 5 seconds faster than the Camaro Z/28’s well-groomed 7:37.40 time, and even a second faster than a Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

According to the fresh report, the GT350R clocked this time back in September of 2014, and was “easily repeatable”. The (trusted) source also claims that the ‘base’ GT350 is “within a few seconds” of the ‘R’ package, but no specific lap times were given for the base model.

The GT350R is a pretty substantial upgrade over the GT350. The ‘R’ package gets a unique chin splitter, an aluminum rear bumper beam, and “unique performance chassis tuning” as standard equipment. On top of all the Track Package goodies that come optional on the base GT350, you also get MagneRide magnetic dampers, a wider front track, increased spring rates, and a lowered ride height, coolers for the engine/transmission/differential, and selectable drive modes. Not to mention massive 15.5″ carbon-ceramic rotors clamped by six-piston Brembo calipers.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Technically, the onus is on you to prove it's real.

But either way I don't really care; I'm sure it's an amazing car regardless.
How so?
If that were the case, everyone who ever posts a link must somehow validate it as true. As opposed to someone who claims opposite, without proof.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wingsnut did supply the proof in post #1. Looking forward to seeing many Camaro's and other fast cars in the rear view mirror :) .

·
Registered
348 Posts
Possible it's a concocted story, like their "Ford will kill the V8, according to 'trusted' source" story.

Possible that someone who does in fact know what the time is has passed on info suggesting this is fabricated.

The time itself is believable, but considering the first two points, especially the 2nd, it's a case of "in God we trust, but, you will need to show me the timeslip".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not saying the information is 100% false, but if you believe Wings post is enough evidence then I've got a bridge I'd love to sell!
Think back to last fall when a lot of pics came out of camoed Mustangs ring the Ring. The photographers were reporting the 2 different versions were running and both of them very really fast. I do believe Wingsnet and the web link posted that the GT350R will outrun and outcorner the best that the Camaro can throw at it.

Time will tell if these lap times are correct. Once they do, Please let Wingsnut know he was right again. ( yes I know about the 2.7vs2.9 for the MKX)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Think back to last fall when a lot of pics came out of camoed Mustangs ring the Ring. The photographers were reporting the 2 different versions were running and both of them very really fast. I do believe Wingsnet and the web link posted that the GT350R will outrun and outcorner the best that the Camaro can throw at it.
I agree with you, it is highly likely that the GT350R will outrun the Z28, Ford would have to hide in shame if it does not. I'm just saying some random site making such claims isn't going to be taken seriously by anybody that isn't predisposed to believe what they're writing to begin with.

Time will tell if these lap times are correct. Once they do, Please let Wingsnut know he was right again. ( yes I know about the 2.7vs2.9 for the MKX)
I'll have no need to let Wings know he was right, he'll let me know!! :thumb:

Regarding the whole "Lincoln won't be using the 2.7EB" row, who cares, nobodies perfect and Wings never made claims that he has knowledge of final decisions. He shared info he believed to be true and turned out not to be, sh!t happens.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I could be wrong, but didn't the Z28 lap the 'ring in wet conditions? If so, that's at least a few seconds. Maybe the R is one or two seconds faster anyways, which is still great! Also the R's supposed lap time beat the 997 GT3 RS. The 991 or the 4.0 is much faster. Regardless, I understand that the point is to establish a frame of reference.

As to this article's validity, it isn't on Wings. He didn't write it. He just shared it. Time will tell if it's an accurate article. I hope it is, but maybe it's even faster! lol

·
Registered
348 Posts
I could be wrong, but didn't the Z28 lap the 'ring in wet conditions? If so, that's at least a few seconds. Maybe the R is one or two seconds faster anyways, which is still great! Also the R's supposed lap time beat the 997 GT3 RS. The 991 or the 4.0 is much faster. Regardless, I understand that the point is to establish a frame of reference.

As to this article's validity, it isn't on Wings. He didn't write it. He just shared it. Time will tell if it's an accurate article. I hope it is, but maybe it's even faster! lol
No one's having a go at wings. The question mark is over this particular publication due to their history. When I asked if that was the same trusted source that told them about Ford dropping the V8 they deleted my post. A little touchy if you ask me. All they had to do was answer yes or no.

Other sources are claiming it ran 7.28. That, like the 7.32, is believable. I was expecting something like that to be honest.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Got it. I personally don't have complete faith in this source, but FWIW, all of the major outlets are publicizing the numbers, so I guess they have some faith in the source.

Also, 7:28 would be nice haha.

·
Registered
287 Posts
How so?
If that were the case, everyone who ever posts a link must somehow validate it as true. As opposed to someone who claims opposite, without proof.
I see your point, and in most cases people shouldn't have to prove things especially if it's from a mainstream source.
But, if that logic is taken to it's extreme, than people could say things like "Invisible fairies exist! I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it!"...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts