Ford Inside News banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am thinking practical, since I can’t drive 140mph every day lol
You don’t know what practicality is. If you’d know then you’d get your sad butt in a 350 and experience what it offers, but I guess you’re one of those that doesn’t know how to drive a stick so you look at reasons to dis it.

Enjoyment is paramount. You jump in the 350 and you could dawdle around rowing through the gears without ever going above 2500rpm and just enjoy the Voodoo V8’s vocals as it begs you to smash it past 3000rpm, knowing quite well that you could, but you don’t. The Supra is enjoyable as well, I think it’s a great car and, yes, it’s **** quick. I wouldn’t say no to one that’s for sure. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. As car enthusiasts we are spoiled.

There are some that I wouldn’t consider as car enthusiasts, though. People that spend their time looking for the slightest nuance to dis a brand all in the name of being pests. They enjoy being pests because they know they don’t know how to enjoy the cars they pretend to know anything about.

If you truly think that you’d need a GT500 is necessary over a GT350 all because a Supra is slightly quicker to 60 than the 350 then you have not a shred of credibility when cars are the topic.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Neither the GT350 nor Supra are truly fast, and quite frankly the Voodoo engine in many ways does not make a good companion. It needs excessive engine revs, and thrives on them but brings a vibration to the table that just does not feel natural or good especially over 7000 rpm.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You don’t know what practicality is. If you’d know then you’d get your sad butt in a 350 and experience what it offers, but I guess you’re one of those that doesn’t know how to drive a stick so you look at reasons to dis it.

Enjoyment is paramount. You jump in the 350 and you could dawdle around rowing through the gears without ever going above 2500rpm and just enjoy the Voodoo V8’s vocals as it begs you to smash it past 3000rpm, knowing quite well that you could, but you don’t. The Supra is enjoyable as well, I think it’s a great car and, yes, it’s **** quick. I wouldn’t say no to one that’s for sure. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. As car enthusiasts we are spoiled.

There are some that I wouldn’t consider as car enthusiasts, though. People that spend their time looking for the slightest nuance to dis a brand all in the name of being pests. They enjoy being pests because they know they don’t know how to enjoy the cars they pretend to know anything about.

If you truly think that you’d need a GT500 is necessary over a GT350 all because a Supra is slightly quicker to 60 than the 350 then you have not a shred of credibility when cars are the topic.
You are wrong...you are thinking about a cruiser when you say things like ‘enjoying the sound’ ‘playing through the gears’...that’s nice, I enjoy that too, my dad’s 69 Mustang is awesome for that!....I am talking about the gears heads - like me- that head down to the drag strip and do as many runs as we can and talk about how fast or slow our cars performed. 140mph is never achievable neither in that scenario nor in normal street driving when that crazy car head like you wants to do a red light drag....

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
You are wrong...you are thinking about a cruiser when you say things like ‘enjoying the sound’ ‘playing through the gears’...that’s nice, I enjoy that too, my dad’s 69 Mustang is awesome for that!....I am talking about the gears heads - like me- that head down to the drag strip and do as many runs as we can and talk about how fast or slow our cars performed. 140mph is never achievable neither in that scenario nor in normal street driving when that crazy car head like you wants to do a red light drag....

The GT350 isn't meant to be a drag racer so if you're upset that other cars are better in that environment that would be a you issue. If you choose to use a steak knife to cut down a tree you shouldn't complain that it doesn't work as well as an axe.

·
Registered
545 Posts

...if you were going to do that, you’d slap a SC on a Coyote and call it a day for a whole lot less than any of these special editions. The 350 was/is a track car. 500 was/is a strip car/cruiser.

But, if you don’t want to pay $80k, you buy a GT and throw a SC on it for almost half that. For all its faults, the Mustang is a great gear head platform with a vast aftermarket.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The GT350 isn't meant to be a drag racer so if you're upset that other cars are better in that environment that would be a you issue. If you choose to use a steak knife to cut down a tree you shouldn't complain that it doesn't work as well as an axe.
I don't know about that, sometimes a chef can do wonders in a kitchen, or forest.

Here is a stock GT350 beating (at least once) a stock Hellcat.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Eh...maybe "quicker" but not really "faster", as various tests show. That electric motor will run out of top end...and at that point, the power consumption will obliterate the range even more than the higher fuel use of the GT500 at high speeds.

It's kinda reminding me of a buddy who built his old F-150 up with really aggressive gearing and mods to the 300-6 it had. The truck was amazing...for the stoplight grand prix. Also, if you put your foot in it, you could watch the gas needle heading for E.

That's kinda how I see "performance EVs" right now. The tech is impressive, but the entire field needs the next battery breakthrough to really be a feasible replacement for ICE vehicles (to which, I'm sure, AOC is loudly opposed).

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Sorry to say this, but Tesla has decided to put in the Tesla Plaid powertrain into the upcoming Model S and Y. It is built for racing! There will be no warning lights for overheating of drivetrain, motor or brakes that exist in the current models that are run on the track! It is being testing on the Nürburgring right now! Hoping to out duo the Taycan record.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Eh...maybe "quicker" but not really "faster", as various tests show. That electric motor will run out of top end...and at that point, the power consumption will obliterate the range even more than the higher fuel use of the GT500 at high speeds.

It's kinda reminding me of a buddy who built his old F-150 up with really aggressive gearing and mods to the 300-6 it had. The truck was amazing...for the stoplight grand prix. Also, if you put your foot in it, you could watch the gas needle heading for E.

That's kinda how I see "performance EVs" right now. The tech is impressive, but the entire field needs the next battery breakthrough to really be a feasible replacement for ICE vehicles (to which, I'm sure, AOC is loudly opposed).

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Sorry to say this, but Tesla has decided to put in the Tesla Plaid powertrain into the upcoming Model S and Y. It is built for racing! There will be no warning lights for overheating of drivetrain, motor or brakes that exist in the current models that are run on the track! It is being testing on the Nürburgring right now! Hoping to out duo the Taycan record.
...the next Tesla will probably see an upgraded cell chemistry. They filed a patent last year for a new chemistry. Supposedly has a very long life, 1m miles with minimal degradation. Pretty exciting. They’re supposed to present the new stuff Q1 next year at an investors day. Apparently it’s the tech that led them to promote their 600+mi range for the Roadster.

The next year will be interesting.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts