Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
I hope a proper manual is still an option, but I understand the need for a "floppy paddle" box in it as well. Gotta shave those tenths.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I was reading is the Tremec doesn't take the torque the motor is going to put out. Plus, you flat can't outshift a DCT. I expect no stick option.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I doubt it'll be DCT, but rather the new 10-speed as it's **** speeds have rivaled DCTs. I sure hope this beast is able to retain most of the GT350's handling characteristics, if it does this will be an absolutely amazing vehicle!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
What I was reading is the Tremec doesn't take the torque the motor is going to put out. Plus, you flat can't outshift a DCT. I expect no stick option.
I cant imagine Ford doing any Mustang without an available manual transmission. Tremec makes transmission that can handle the power.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Over at BON, there's "bulletproof" info that there will be no manual, at least initially. I find that to be kind of suspect, and think that a manual option can/should be added at some point. I understand that the DCT can make for the best actual lap times, but even Porsche relented to the interaction of manuals and re-introduced them on the 911 GT3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts