·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Have 110 Candles?
Ford Inside News
June 16, 2013
By: Austin Rutherford

Some companies come and go, while others not only make their mark on the world, but make a mark on the people. Ford Motor Company is one of those companies. 110 years ago today, Henry Ford incorporated the Ford Motor Company.

The birth of Ford Motor is not only the story of the beginning of one of the most recognizable brands on Earth, but also the beginning of the middle class. In 1908, Ford debuted the Model T and to meet the demand, the assembly line, the affordable automobile, and the expansive middle class were born.

Through the years since, Ford has dealt with a Kaiser, Hitler, and an Emperor as part of the Arsenal of Democracy as well as economic hardships. Many times along the journey, it was doubted by many that the company would make it, but Ford always slugged through and rose from the downfall.

This of course is the story of the past few years when the world recession took its toll on Ford. However, from the ashes rose the current stream lined company ready to give customers and fans vehicles well into this century. With sales up 9.2 percent and healthy profits this year, the future looks bright.

FIN, on behave of fans and automotive enthusiasts, wants to wish the company for which it follows a Happy 100th Birthday. Here's to another 110 candles!

Which Ford vehicle over the past 110 years is your favorite?

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Happy birthday, Ford!

It's amazing a company this old still has the founder's family involved. Truly amazing.

My favorite Ford over the past 110 years is the 1955 Thunderbird.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
My favorite Ford of all time, too bad they never actually made a production version, but this is the car that got me into Fords:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
My favorite Ford of all time, too bad they never actually made a production version, but this is the car that got me into Fords:

My son has one as a Hotwheels...or maybe Matchbox.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts