Ford Inside News banner

Honda Joins the Recall Skirmish

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tahoe 
#1 ·
Honda recalls 378,758 vehicles in U.S
DETROIT (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co Ltd said on Tuesday it is recalling 378,758 vehicles in the United States to fix an airbag defect linked to 11 injuries and one fatality.
U.S.
The move broadens a recall that was first announced in November 2008 for less than 4,000 Accord and Civic sedans due to faulty airbag inflators and expanded in July last year to cover an additional 440,000 vehicles.
The latest expansion of the recall applies to 2001 and 2002 model-year Accord, Civic, Odyssey, CR-V, and 2002 Acura TL vehicles.
In some vehicles, airbag inflators may deploy with too much pressure, causing the inflator casing to rupture, potentially resulting in injury or fatality, Honda said.
The company said it was not aware of any new incidents after the airbag recall was first broadened in July 2009.
"However, we have concluded that we cannot be completely certain that the driver's airbag inflator in the vehicles being added to this recall at this time will perform as designed," Honda said in a statement

Reuters

See less See more
#4 ·
One of my friends gave me a ride in her brand new Accord 4 cylinder last night to and from choir practice at church and though its nice, I was dissapointed by the amount of road noise in the cabin. The tires are noisy. There is almost no sound insulation on it.

Perhaps its poor engineering. Plus the suspension was stiff too. It does not absorb the road well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.