1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai to push Genesis coupe upmarket, drop four-cylinder engine - Leftlane
By Justin King
Friday, May 30th

Hyundai ...plans... to better compete with US rivals such as the Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro and Dodge Challenger.

Bucking the industry trend, the company will be dropping the existing 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and relying on V6 mills for all variants.

Sales of both the four-cylinder and V6 Genesis coupe have been on the decline entering 2014, however the smaller-output engine is said to account for approximately half of the sales, Hyundai spokesman Derek Joyce told Automotive News.

"We will accommodate the full range of Genesis Coupe buyers by repackaging equipment to meet everything from an entry-level buyer to a fully-loaded buyer," Joyce added...

...The premium price tag is expected to drive up the entry price, which currently sits at $26,350...

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
.....for the same money the choice is really obvious.....

The new 2015 Mustang is going to pull sales from Camaro and the German Coupes.

And the convertible is about to pull sales from all available convertibles.

·
Registered
531 Posts
The second generation Genesis Coupe is going to be far more luxurious than the Mustang, Camaro or Challenger. It's really in a different class. Think Lexus SC... It's really not intended to be a pony car competitor.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
The second generation Genesis Coupe is going to be far more luxurious than the Mustang, Camaro or Challenger. It's really in a different class. Think Lexus SC... It's really not intended to be a pony car competitor.
well, if you can't succeed at one, try throwing more leather at it.
Might work.

But if it does succeed in that simplified formula, the others can easily follow suit.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
The new Genesis looks good in person. It even looks better than the cars it's copying!

I loved both generations of the SC. They truly brought Lexus to the next level in terms of prestige and image.

Hyundai is simply aiming for mainstream and luxury's weaknesses. It's too bad because they probably could build a really good luxury brand. They just need to define 'Korean luxury' and be themselves.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ I never drove any but loved the Look of gen1-2, the coupe,
and hated gen3, the cabrio
of the SC

Yay :clap: & good timing HK = I want as much pressure on the Approvers as possible...
...to OK excellence for the LincStang!!

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
As much as I like the 2015 Mustang, I think the advantage the LincStang is not having to hold on to so many of the old Mustang design elements, and can be truly new design. With a lower front end and cleaner full LED lit rear end.

When I think LincStang Convertible, I think this......

But with more luxury refinement, and more finished front end.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
As much as I like the 2015 Mustang, I think the advantage the LincStang is not having to hold on to so many of the old Mustang design elements, and can be truly new design. With a lower front end and cleaner full LED lit rear end.

When I think LincStang Convertible, I think this......

But with more luxury refinement, and more finished front end.
Given the Mustang already has the Aston's basic proportions that would be a great target!!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
The new Genesis looks good in person. It even looks better than the cars it's copying!

I loved both generations of the SC. They truly brought Lexus to the next level in terms of prestige and image.

Hyundai is simply aiming for mainstream and luxury's weaknesses. It's too bad because they probably could build a really good luxury brand. They just need to define 'Korean luxury' and be themselves.
The first generation SC still looks modern today! The second generation was a far less cohesive design, short and tall is not a good combination for a coupe! My father had one and my MIL has one still, very nice cars like any Lexus, but a styling step back from the first gen!!!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As much as I like the 2015 Mustang, I think the advantage the LincStang is not having to hold on to so many of the old Mustang design elements, and can be truly new design. With a lower front end and cleaner full LED lit rear end...

...with more luxury refinement, and more finished front end.
Agree
in fact, as far as I'm concerned, Lincoln can go ahead and use INVISIBLE HLs & TLs (by whatever means) that only show when lit...
...something that goes directly against Mustang's "required" DNA

all New car = all New DNA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts