Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detroit Free Press

Ford tops safety awards list for 2009, has 16 winners

. . . Ford had more winners than any other automaker -- 16 in all. Honda Motor Co. was second, with 13 winners. General Motors Corp. and Toyota Motor Corp. tied with eight each.. . . .

for more CLICK HERE

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
^^ You're exactly right LMdealer. My local news channel said the list was bigger than ever before and that Honda's entire lineup scored top honors and that Chrysler didn't even make the list. Not one word about Ford, Mercury, Lincoln or GM.

·
Registered
22 Posts
:mad: :confused: What really sucks is that the National Media for the most part chose to write the headline as "Every vehicle in Honda's lineup recieves top scores and Chrysler doesnt even have one". Is the news any better for Honda than it is for Ford? I didn't think so but this is the type of biased reporting Ford and the other American Companies have to deal with every day. Damn it!
While it's certainly good news for Ford to have that many, it's actually a bit misleading to say "Ford led the way with 16," because they are not unique models, per se, when you have Ford/Mercury/Lincoln/Volvo/Mazda largely on the same platforms. Honda certainly surprised me with how well they did, although I'd still trust Fords more. However, raw number of models isn't quite the right way to do it. I'd say, if there's a way to do it properly, it should be by percentage of cars sold that got the top ratings.

What this report really showed, however, I think is that Toyota's supposed quality has suffered quite a bit, at least in the area of safety. That's what the domestic automakers should hit hard on.

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
While it's certainly good news for Ford to have that many, it's actually a bit misleading to say "Ford led the way with 16," because they are not unique models, per se, when you have Ford/Mercury/Lincoln/Volvo/Mazda largely on the same platforms. Honda certainly surprised me with how well they did, although I'd still trust Fords more. However, raw number of models isn't quite the right way to do it. I'd say, if there's a way to do it properly, it should be by percentage of cars sold that got the top ratings.

What this report really showed, however, I think is that Toyota's supposed quality has suffered quite a bit, at least in the area of safety. That's what the domestic automakers should hit hard on.
Toyota was never known for safety anyways. What you say about platforms is true however. There is no real difference between a milan and a fusion really.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts