Ford Inside News banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Drives: I Pledge Allegiance to the Jag
By: Patrick J. Sauer

The Jaguar XKR: Too supercharged for D.C.

During our time together in the nation's capital, the new Jaguar (NYSE:F) XKR coupe and I took a trip down Constitution Avenue, sailing past D.C.'s majestic memorials to Washington and Lincoln and the veterans of multiple wars--monuments that should take any citizen's breath away. But nothing on the other side of the windshield could compete with the kick of revving this English car's 420-horsepower engine, which can take it from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 4.9 seconds.

In addition to the normal six-speed automatic shifter, the XKR has two other driving modes, the most dynamic of which is controlled by fluid paddle shifters for zigging and zagging through hairy situations like a seasoned politician on the stump. For independent-minded mavericks, the stability control, which adds traction, prevents wheel spinning, and limits over- and understeering, can be reined in or turned off to give the XKR a little more play.

As I manned the XKR's leather-wrapped, heated steering wheel, it wasn't long before I felt trapped in the Beltway like so many faceless bureaucra

for more CLICK HERE.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts