Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti to expand lineup by 60 percent by 2020

Infiniti has announced plans to expand their "premium model range" by 60 percent by the end of the decade.
Speaking at the opening of the company's new design studio in London, Infiniti EMEA Vice President Francois Goupil de Bouillé said "Our passion for design will deliver a broad range of very distinct premium vehicles. The expansion of our product portfolio is at the core of our growth plan."

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114091981514/infiniti-to-expand-lineup-by-60-percent-by-2020

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
"Our passion for design will deliver a broad range of very distinct premium vehicles."

The problem with Infiniti and Lexus is they don't seem to understand that distinctive isn't always equal to desirable. I really liked the original Q45 but not much from Infiniti has impressed me since.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
"Our passion for design will deliver a broad range of very distinct premium vehicles."

The problem with Infiniti and Lexus is they don't seem to understand that distinctive isn't always equal to desirable. I really liked the original Q45 but not much from Infiniti has impressed me since.
:thumb:
somewhat more recently, I also liked the 'M' (first one only I think)
AND the RotW 'Teana'

and of course the (1st gen mainly?) FX

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the current Infinitis are ugly......Lincoln is near them...but need more products to sell more than them

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Blah blah blah... every year manufacturers proudly proclaim that they are introducing X number of new models... but when you count 6 versions of each car as a new model, the news somehow looses it's lustre... and since EVERY manufacturer is constantly updating their lineup, this kind of silly 'groundbreaking' press release is beyond ridiculous.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Blah blah blah... every year manufacturers proudly proclaim that they are introducing X number of new models... but when you count 6 versions of each car as a new model, the news somehow looses it's lustre... and since EVERY manufacturer is constantly updating their lineup, this kind of silly 'groundbreaking' press release is beyond ridiculous.
not to Lincoln fans/supporters/watchers, Paul

who might be willing to do most anything just for AllNew existing models more than 1 per 18 months (or so)
( in fairness, ^that^ is fully expected if not quite guaranteed )

...Lincoln is near them...
only in numbers...

...recently thinking of "ifnit" like a sorta Pontiac
both in performance pretentions/intentions
AND falling apart in the styling dept

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Every struggling luxury maker, including Lincoln, make announcements just like this. It's key to ensuring confidence in the customer, shareholders, and dealerships.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts