Ford Inside News banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
[quick reply]
just saw @ GMI

quote=shock_wave

"the GT350 does indeed have a 5.2 ("voodoo"), and it will have over 500hp.
revs/power were brought down to sustain longevity so yeh they can make heaps of power.

GT will have less than 450hp."
In both cases, the Shelby having less and the GT having about the same power I think is good. There is such a thing as usable power and ego power. Most reviews I have read people liked the Boss more than the GT500, it was a better car with more than enough power. With the GT500 Ford made a great statement, with the GT350 I hope they make a great car!!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,978 Posts
In both cases, the Shelby having less and the GT having about the same power I think is good. There is such a thing as usable power and ego power. Most reviews I have read people liked the Boss more than the GT500, it was a better car with more than enough power. With the GT500 Ford made a great statement, with the GT350 I hope they make a great car!!
Boy do I agree 100% with this.
I think Ford will hit the sweet spot with the GT350.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I certainly wouldn't mind another "mega" Shelby in the future, but maybe the bones under the new Mustang will be able to give it a serious leg or two up on the current car. I do wonder about the "Cammer" being re-trademarked...!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
another Mustang6g Link...
Along with the render I appropriated for the Mustang video thread,
Road&Track says,
"...the coolest news. That honor goes to the 2015 Mustang GT350**. According to our source at Ford ... the engine in that car will displace 5.4 liters and be a naturally aspirated V8 with a Ferrari-style flat-plane crankshaft. It'll rev over 7000 rpm and produce close to 600 hp. This is so spectacular, we're at a loss for words..."

sounds like voodoo (or a reasonable substitute) to me

** I'm fading fast but it seems there's some discussion as to which model gets it
& it sounds like it'll be whatever one (that I'll never afford) that replaces the "Shelby"

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have to dis-agree. Every bit of that 662hp is "Usable". It's only "Un-Usable" if you don't know how to drive.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
another Mustang6g Link...
Along with the render I appropriated for the Mustang video thread,
Road&Track says,
"...the coolest news. That honor goes to the 2015 Mustang GT350**. According to our source at Ford ... the engine in that car will displace 5.4 liters and be a naturally aspirated V8 with a Ferrari-style flat-plane crankshaft. It'll rev over 7000 rpm and produce close to 600 hp. This is so spectacular, we're at a loss for words..."

sounds like voodoo (or a reasonable substitute) to me

** I'm fading fast but it seems there's some discussion as to which model gets it
& it sounds like it'll be whatever one (that I'll never afford) that replaces the "Shelby"
5.4 Liters? Interesting, I am guessing this is based on the new 5.0.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Something from another forum
The company I work for received an RFQ for a component for a 5.2 engine with code name voodoo. 8000RPM capability was part of the requirements. This was in collaboration with roush and discussions were several months ago..

Unfortunately, our parent company chose not to pursue due to the low production volumes. My guess is this i the next GT500 engine...

Svtperformance.com

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I have to dis-agree. Every bit of that 662hp is "Usable". It's only "Un-Usable" if you don't know how to drive.
Not actually replying to AoN, but to Wings Thanks to the above quoted post. Wings, do you "agree with this 100%" as you stated in reply to my original post, or do you dis-agree as AoN does? Or maybe you agree with me but appreciate anyone dis-agreeing with me, at least that part I could understand!

:rock:

·
Premium Member
10,978 Posts
Not actually replying to AoN, but to Wings Thanks to the above quoted post. Wings, do you "agree with this 100%" as you stated in reply to my original post, or do you dis-agree as AoN does? Or maybe you agree with me but appreciate anyone dis-agreeing with me, at least that part I could understand!

:rock:
Perhaps I am agreeing to disagree.:-(

·
Registered
607 Posts
I had guessed early on that Ford might do the following with their engines:

1. Use the NA3.5L V6 as the standard plant rather than the current 3.7L. The smaller engine picks up a mile or two per gallon over the larger one and performance should be similar if the car loses weight. If the car lost enough weight, then the standard plant could be the 250+ HP turbo Ecoboost 2.0L I4 and the torquier V6 could be available on the Pony Package.

2. The GT model would continue with a ~450 HP NA5.0L V8.

3. As for special models, the twin turbo EB3.5L V6 would be the plant in the GT350 and a twin turbo EB5.0L V8 might be the plant for the GT500. Another would be an SVO model, which would have the rumored turbo EB 2.3L I4 with 300+ HP. A Mach1 model might have the rumored VooDoo NA5.3L V8. Stagger their releases, having them out for 2-3 years each. All would have specific seating, suspension, and braking upgrades.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts