1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
don't have time to read IL but

"high style and high tech = it's the flagship sedan Ford"
NO DOUBT WhatSoEver about this ^^^^^

"hopes Americans will aspire to"
this ^ I have questions/doubts about too...
...almost completely based on the superTaurus's size
tho
in person in the showroom it didn't seem TOO big
(as I said, it's PERFECT!)
I need to see it on the road
& "Drive One" ;)
but
kinda think D4 sedans might do better as Mercury-Lincolns only

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
don't have time to read IL but

"high style and high tech = it's the flagship sedan Ford"
NO DOUBT WhatSoEver about this ^^^^^

"hopes Americans will aspire to"
this ^ I have questions/doubts about too...
...almost completely based on the superTaurus's size
tho
in person in the showroom it didn't seem TOO big
(as I said, it's PERFECT!)
I need to see it on the road
& "Drive One" ;)
but
kinda think D4 sedans might do better as Mercury-Lincolns only
He was probably refering to this quote "We're not entirely convinced that an extensive makeover of a largely carry-over chassis and powertrain can pull that off, especially when the chassis in question is as large as this one."

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I'm tired of read bads comentaries from the car journalist about american cars, and Ford's cars. Go ****!

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Can they really even compare the 2010 Taurus with the Honda Accord? The Taurus is so much larger than the Accord! Honestly, the Taurus has moved so up market in both size and style...that it really is more a chief rival to it's sister, the Lincoln MKS.

Besides, Inside Line isn't always anti-American...they gave a pretty good review of the 2010 Mustang V Dodge Challenger V Chevrolet Camaro...and had good things to say about the new Mustang.

I'm not saying that IL isn't wrong here...I'm just saying occasionally they get it right.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Can they really even compare the 2010 Taurus with the Honda Accord? The Taurus is so much larger than the Accord! Honestly, the Taurus has moved so up market in both size and style...that it really is more a chief rival to it's sister, the Lincoln MKS.
BINGO!! Although I wouldn't say the MKS is its chief rival, especially not on SEL trim, BUT cars like the Avalon or the TL and even the Impala and the Lucerne in the lower end.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
^ & ^^
imho the superTaurus (even more than the MKS, if that's possible) is a kind of car that hasn't been seen anywhere in a long LONG time (if not never seen before)

Does ANYONE(else!) make an affordable A8L?
LOL. that is a great point of view . . .

·
Registered
498 Posts
Edmunds smokes pot. The Accord is really nowhere near the Taurus, in size or Luxury. Avalon or Lucerne would be the vehicles to compare. Or the upcoming Buick/perhaps the MKS on the higher ends. I mean the SHO is a $45,000.00 car. That is up in E class and STS territory.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
2b2 said:
...Does ANYONE(else!) make an affordable A8L?
LOL. that is a great point of view . . .
:) belated-TY
&
you probably saw this post already... ...I'm not alone ;)
...You have to look at it from my perspective. I had considered a lightly used Audi A8, which is about the same money as a new SHO. The SHO appeals to me even more than the Audi............... is new................. and offers alot more performance...

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Edmunds smokes pot. The Accord is really nowhere near the Taurus, in size or Luxury. Avalon or Lucerne would be the vehicles to compare. Or the upcoming Buick/perhaps the MKS on the higher ends. I mean the SHO is a $45,000.00 car. That is up in E class and STS territory.
I prefer the Taurus over the E-Class. The E-Class is really ugly. And the Taurus has all the technology E-Class has. Sorry, Mercedes-Benz....
And Ford top Mercedes-Benz in the initial quality ranking...!!!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Interesting how different writers can bring a different perspective. Michael Jordan (formerly of Car and Driver) also tried it, and largely liked the new Taurus. The article you've been dissecting also had a fair number of nice things to say, but they don't want to give up their Accord addictions just yet.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=152786

1 - 13 of 13 Posts