Ford Inside News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interior Appointments in Lincoln MKC Exemplify Commitment to Quality

If there is anything for which the Lincoln Motor Company is particularly well-known, it’s the high-class quality of the interior appointments in Lincoln vehicles across the model lineup. The all-new 2015 Lincoln MKC, which is scheduled to hit showrooms later this summer, is no exception. Designers at Lincoln are putting extreme care to ensure that the brand’s new small premium quality utility vehicle will be charmingly luxurious and feature materials that cannot be found in any other vehicle in the world.

“We’re committed to creating the highly crafted vehicles that Lincoln customers expect,” said Matt VanDyke, Director, Global Lincoln, in The Lincoln Motor Company’s official press release. “MKZ being named a J.D. Power and Associates APEAL winner is a reflection of that commitment, and we’re furthering it with MKC.”

Featuring for the first time anywhere is Deepsoft leather, which refreshes the Lincoln brand’s famed Bridge of Weir Fine Scottish Leather seating surfaces. Once it appears in the 2015 MKC this summer, it will begin to be used in future Lincoln vehicles.

http://thenewswheel.com/interior-appointments-in-lincoln-mkc/

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Pure Luxury is what Lincoln will be all about. The finest interior materials, high strength aluminum bodies and frames.

Which makes even more sense that the new MKS ride on it's own Lincoln RWD frame(not sharing the current C/D Platform), since it should be all aluminum. Which it would share with the new all aluminum Flagship Continental.

Luxury appointments, advanced technology, powerful technologically advanced and efficient engines, and all aluminum body and frames will set the next gen Lincoln vehicles apart from the competition in a way they can't quickly respond.

Allowing Lincoln to leapfrog the competition.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Pure Luxury is what Lincoln will be all about. The finest interior materials, high strength aluminum bodies and frames.

Which makes even more sense that the new MKS ride on it's own Lincoln RWD frame(not sharing the current C/D Platform), since it should be all aluminum. Which it would share with the new all aluminum Flagship Continental.

Luxury appointments, advanced technology, powerful technologically advanced and efficient engines, and all aluminum body and frames will set the next gen Lincoln vehicles apart from the competition in a way they can't quickly respond.

I don't see how given Lincoln's current sales volume they will be able to justify a Lincoln only platform along with the necessary Lincoln only production line. I would love to be wrong though!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ maybe FlatRock building CD4 AND the S550 + the-CD4-3-Fwd-Rwd-Poll
?

copying to ptk94's Mercury to Return Later...yes or no?
thread

Would appreciate you providing price estimates there, Bloggin!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

Is the aluminum and RWD technology going to filter down to the MKS this quickly? Lincoln does a lot of things well, but doing stuff quickly is not one of them.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
^ maybe FlatRock building CD4 AND the S550 + the-CD4-3-Fwd-Rwd-Poll
There is no CD4 RWD with an S550 nose stuck on. Give up the dream! :surprise:

The re-engineering that would be required would result in nothing of value being left over of the CD4 platform and thus there would be no benefit to not going with a (relatively) clean sheet design.

Sorry 2b2, the chances of your beloved Mercury making a comeback are 100% more likely in spite of the fact that aint happening either!

:-(

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Is the aluminum and RWD technology going to filter down to the MKS this quickly? Lincoln does a lot of things well, but doing stuff quickly is not one of them.
The aluminum technology has existed within Ford going back to their years of Jaguar ownership where they developed the all aluminum XJ. The only question is if they'll expend the kind of money to develop the MKS given its volume. They would have to have a very strong indication that the MKS would in fact make large gains in volume to do so.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The aluminum technology has existed within Ford going back to their years of Jaguar ownership where they developed the all aluminum XJ. The only question is if they'll expend the kind of money to develop the MKS given its volume. They would have to have a very strong indication that the MKS would in fact make large gains in volume to do so.
I can definitely see Lincoln doing it down the road, but like I said, they're pretty slow to innovate. If they want to make the MKS a true luxury competitor (maybe even competing with Jaguar), then aluminum would be a great idea!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
While it does sound notable in absence of actual real quality advantages over vehicles like the Evoque it all sounds like a bit of marketing speak.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've sat in an MKZ and Fusion on the same day. The MKZ interior really feels like just an upper trim level on the Fusion. Not up to par with Audis, Mercs, and BMWs. I really hope the MKC is a big improvement over the MKZ interior.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I've sat in an MKZ and Fusion on the same day. The MKZ interior really feels like just an upper trim level on the Fusion. Not up to par with Audis, Mercs, and BMWs. I really hope the MKC is a big improvement over the MKZ interior.
I think you are wrong. The MKZ and Fusion share no single panel in the interior design!. Only the generic switches for ligths and windows.
But something is true: the MK Z is not an upscale Fusion, but is not a real luxury vehicle, either. It needs leather in the dash (all dash), and real aluminum in that "metal" trims at the dash... i think is not perfect, but is ok for a good start

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
For the most part the Lincoln MKZ interior feels like a different iteration of the Fusion design, the quality doesn't look or feel substantially different beyond lighting, color, and design. However, the design creates a very different experience, the interior is unlike anything from Germany or Ford with the smooth continuous center console and touch surfaces which completely transforms the experience. Sadly much of that will be disappearing for a more conventional design as we have in the MKC, but that will likely give way to more traditional luxury touches.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
C00KIE M0NSTER said:
I think you are wrong. The MKZ and Fusion share no single panel in the interior design!. Only the generic switches for ligths and windows. ..
I drove the Z back-to-back-to-back-etc with a Fusion Titanium last August (without taking time to fondle the dashes) and thought the Lincoln interior waaay more luxurious than the Ford = "day" and "night"
which
might have been PART of the reason?...
..the MKZ was LightDune, the Fusion was black
tho my personal preference IS for black usually

...But something is true: the MK Z is not an upscale Fusion, but is not a real luxury vehicle, either. It needs leather in the dash (all dash), and real aluminum in that "metal" trims at the dash... i think is not perfect, but is ok for a good start
the actual dash TRIM in Lincolns *is* what it looks like
the wood is real wood
the aluminum is real aluminum
((tho I don't know about any minor "bright bits" like on/around handles/knobs/vents - not at all sure those would even be SAFE))
&
guess I just don't "get" the appeal of a leather-covered dash... re-

in general, I used to like dead-cow-skin
but less and less lately

maybe at our little local autoshow in 4 weeks, I'll try to concentrate on lux interiors

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The MKZ is simply not good enough as far as differentiation is concerned although the car itself is at least quite the move forward from the previous MKZ. The MKC shows an attention to detail heretofore not seen in recent Lincoln products, and I hope that the MKZ MCE bring this level of detail to the MKZ.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
The MKZ is simply not good enough as far as differentiation is concerned although the car itself is at least quite the move forward from the previous MKZ. The MKC shows an attention to detail heretofore not seen in recent Lincoln products, and I hope that the MKZ MCE bring this level of detail to the MKZ.
The MKZ will soon offer 2-3 engine options exclusive to Lincoln.

How is that working out for the ATS, which has ZERO?
Oh yeah, they have to load up on incentives to move them.
Maybe they should get more differentiation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts