Ford Inside News banner

Is Lincoln Developing the MKC for Lincoln ?

8K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  typhoon5000 
#1 ·
Is Lincoln Developing the MKC for Lincoln ?

Notice that this has a different bumper from the concept. There can only be one explanation for this.​

Link

Quote:
http://www.lincoln.com/futurevehicles/

Look at it, "four something smells.

Along with that, the quote on the bottum of the Concept C page says that it may change.

And even wikipedia has it listed as a MY12.

Last edited by ndwariga : Today at 01:24 AM. Reason: [

See less See more
#5 ·
I must be the only one to really like this design.
It looks like a modern interpretation of a 30's luxury sedan.
I might like a narrower side 'shelf' and a longer boot though.

I'd like to see the c-pillar used on the future sedans too.

#6 ·
I've always hated the idea for this car to even be in existence. This will be a C-segment vehicle. It is not going to be full-sized like the concept was because the benches will not make it into production. There's no way Ford would risk it. Plus, the public perceives the vehicle based on exterior length, not interior volume. This makes no sense for Lincoln, and would close the doors on Mercury.

#7 ·
the GOOD News imho
is that Lincoln will also get the MKG(KuGa) per Igor
so they'll have at least one good-looking small vehicle ;)
This good news for Lincoln are bad news for Mercury and Ford Motor Company. Mercury will have no vehicles arround 2013... and Lincoln can not capture the volume Mercury is leaving. The Kuga must be for Ford and Mercury. The Focus must be for Ford and Mercury.... maybe the coupe-convertible Focus could be a good Lincoln... I hope the product planner team rethink all this Lincoln-Mercury strategy.

#9 ·
I'm trying hard to 'accept' the idea of the MKC**
...as a quirky Mini-killer
...sort of as in 'inverse': quirky outside
maaaaaaaaaybe if the production version improves the styling/form? (not sure at all HOW)
AND
uses EB to beat the Works Mini? (in addition to Hybrid/BEV/Extenz)

**sort of in a "Let's give 'em something to talk about" way

#10 ·
I think this looks like a decent small car. Lincoln needs to have a small car for the HIP generation. I say the HIP Generation because I am under 30, want a nice luxury vehicle, and I think Lincoln is doing that.

Take this quote as you may, The MKC is going to be a high class Scion, done right.

#12 ·
This good news for Lincoln are bad news for Mercury and Ford Motor Company. Mercury will have no vehicles arround 2013... and Lincoln can not capture the volume Mercury is leaving. The Kuga must be for Ford and Mercury. The Focus must be for Ford and Mercury.... maybe the coupe-convertible Focus could be a good Lincoln... I hope the product planner team rethink all this Lincoln-Mercury strategy.
Mercury is sooo distinct in my mind,
I have no problem with Mercury & Lincoln having the same-size vehicles...
...even lil' ones**

** as long as they're brand-appropriate
:unsure:

#16 ·
transposting from elsewhere
2b2 said:
hi Plev72
I've got strong feelings about not having any more MucK on the future Rwd Lincolns
gotta have a Continental eventually
(( 've wondered about using Constellation too ))
(( or even ConBrio for a hard'vert ))
&
for initials, I'd prefer H.R.L. for the LincStang
Firmly believe we can't have a MARK in the near future - that name is RUINED
however
you gave me an idea...

How about for the new tiny F-Awd Lincolns like the Concept C and KuGa
calling them the MK4 and MK5
and IF they make them with fewer doors too: an MK3 or MK2

this way Lincoln would have some "name" organization to help non-car-nuts keep it all straight
MK# = lil' guys
MKZ-thru-? = the main F-Awd vehicles
&
the NON-MucK = RWD
^even tho I'm the one that started calling the LincKuGa the MKG & still think it's a cute 'name'^

(( kinda thinking there's a Contingent or Cadre at LinColn that thinks the concept-C is gonna beCome MkCool...
I'm still thinking the C = ( as in : ( ie :( ))

#17 ·
What I found interesting was the video that intended to show the Concept C in action. The main action here was her placing calls, reading the news, making appointments through the car. The one part that alluded to her actually driving it indicated that she would be driving it at an average speed of less than 20 mph on the way to that lunch date.

The strange thing about the debate as to which division this car is for is that even if you took some of the non-producible touches out of it, it still looks too expensive to be a Mercury, despite its size.

#18 ·
That is one butt ugly car. God, Ford needs to hire some decent designers.
Just an FYI, The Concept C designers are the same designers that brought you the MKS, MKT and MKR concept. They wanted to make something distinctive, yet have crisp, smooth edges to follow in Lincoln's new design language and I think they did that fairly well.

And I agree with whomever mentioned it borrows some styling from 30's cars as that rear kick up can be seen on almost any 20's or 30's cars when the greenhouse was pretty much a brick laid onto some curved fenders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.