Ford Inside News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Tesla's next project an F-150 competitor? [w/poll]

What's the future look like for Tesla after it launches the Model X CUV and possibly a smaller, sub-Model S sedan? Would you believe a pickup truck? Yes, Tesla could be looking to use its EV know-how to take the fight to Ford and the F-150, based on comments made by company founder Elon Musk.

"If you're trying to replace the most gasoline miles driven, you have to look at what people are buying," Musk said during an impromptu Q&A session following a speech at Business Insider's Ignition conference. "[The F-150 is] the best selling car in America. If people are voting that's their car, then that's the car we have to deliver.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/13/tesla-electric-pickup-truck/

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
It takes more than an electric drivetrain to make an F-150. Toyota has been trying for years.

But I have to say, the Tesla Model S is outselling the MKS, 14,950 to 9,216 YTD. So hopefully we will see the 2016 MKS Concept at the Detroit Auto Show in Jan.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It takes more than an electric drivetrain to make an F-150. Toyota has been trying for years.

But I have to say, the Tesla Model S is outselling the MKS, 14,950 to 9,216 YTD. So hopefully we will see the 2016 MKS Concept at the Detroit Auto Show in Jan.
I hope that Bloggin, although I´m not sure, the Navi and the MKX are going to debut before the MKS

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
between an MKS concept being shown at NAIAS, possibly the MKX reveal as well and MKZ & MKC all over the show room floor.....I would say that will really give Lincoln some traction for customers to go test drive.

Oh, and pooh on Tesla.

Good luck with your fire trucks
what about the Navi? :angel

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ afaik the Navi MCE is very soon but the allnew one based on the ultralight nextgen F-150 is a "ways" off
agree the MCE Navi should debut next year but the all new based on the F150 is still 4 years aways IMO

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I see very little in the way of a market for a Tesla truck if it is expected to be a work based vehicle. On the other hand if they're just thinking along the lines of an electric Honda Ridgeline or glorified El Camino then they'll probably sell a few. And actual work truck that is expected to carry heavy loads is going to have a very small range, either that or it'll be priced like a Rolls with all the batteries they'll have to stuff in it! Then there is the problem of recharge time which isn't as big a deal for a commuter car, no business will accept that kind of down time.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
agree the MCE Navi should debut next year but the all new based on the F150 is still 4 years aways IMO
From what we've read here regarding the level of upgrades being done to the 'Gator's interior I too would expect it to last more than two years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts