Ford Inside News banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J.D. Power IQS Study 2007 - Ford RULES!

Highlights:

• Ford Motor Company shows dramatic quality improvement in this year’s study, particularly its Land Rover and Lincoln divisions. Land Rover was the most improved nameplate in the 2007 IQS, and Lincoln rose from No. 12 to a No. 3 overall industry ranking behind No. 2 Lexus and Porsche, which is the highest ranked nameplate in the study. Mercury and Ford also performed well in the 2007 IQS.
  • Ford Motor Company wins 14 vehicle honors, more than any other automaker.
  • Five vehicles are top segment performers.
  • Ford’s recently launched vehicles are among industry’s best performers.
  • Four brands – Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar – place in top 10, all significantly above industry average
  • Ford is well above industry the average with all three brands and even better news, Ford Mustang, Lincoln Mark LT, Lincoln MKZ, Mazda MX-5 and Mercury Milan earned model segment awards.
  • On the sad but still good news side: Ford's Wixom MI plant bows wining JD Powers Assembly Plant Quality PLATINUM Award as the best quality assembly plant in the world with 35 deffects per 100 vehicles..

Ford WINERS

First-place winners:

• Ford Mustang
  • Mercury Milan
  • Lincoln MKZ
  • Lincoln Mark LT
  • Mazda MX-5 Miata

Second-place winners:

• Ford F-150 LD: Large pickup
  • Lincoln MKX: Midsize premium MAV
  • Lincoln Navigator: Large premium MAV
Third-place winners:

• Ford Fusion: Midsize car
  • Ford Econoline: Van
  • Ford Five Hundred: Large car
  • Mercury Montego: Large car (tied with Five Hundred)
  • Mercury Mountaineer: Midsize MAV
  • Volvo S80: Midsize premium car

2007 Lincoln MKZ - J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Initial Quality Study (IQS)SM award top recipient

Source

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, in case anyone noticed . . . this was a FoMoCo News Breaking News exclusive. We beated Automotive News to it for good 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
GM has lost alot of ground in the 1 year. Cadillac and Buick were up there with lexus last year, and now they are below average?
Hyundai has really gone up with Kia, they were bottom of the pile barely two years ago
Ford has improved tremendously, What is happening to Acura?

Is this study reliable?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GM has lost alot of ground in the 1 year. Cadillac and Buick were up there with lexus last year, and now they are below average?
Hyundai has really gone up with Kia, they were bottom of the pile barely two years ago
Ford has improved tremendously, What is happening to Acura?

Is this study reliable?
This is a very relative study and has to be seen in that light. Buick and Cadillac's quality hasn't gone down the drain, it is probably as good or better than it was last year but there are two contributing factors for their "poor" showing this year:

1. Other brands have improved at a faster pace than C and B.
2. People are expecting more than they used to from C and B.

For better understanding, keep in mind that this is an initial quality study which means that it "surveys consumers who have purchased new model-year vehicles and have owned them for at least 90 days. The 2007 IQS measures consumer satisfaction with vehicle design and mechanical quality: design quality to gauge how the vehicle works (i.e., control operation and layout) and mechanical quality to determine how the vehicle is assembled and functions."

As far as I know JD Power studies are very reliable and even more respected.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Incredible that Ford's had the best quality assembly plant in the world with 35 deffects per 100 vehicles and they closed that plant, on the good side Ford needs to put Mike Rowe on some new TV spots and milk the **** out of this awards to let people know they are buying great quality vehicles

·
Registered
522 Posts
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070606/BUSINESS01/70606057
Memo from Ford's Mulally
June 6, 2007

Following is a statement released by Ford Motor Company President and Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally:

J.D. Power and Associates, the leading consumer research company for product quality and customer satisfaction, announced today that our brands are outpacing the competition when it comes to initial quality. A news release detailing our performance is below, but here are the highlights: Ford Motor Company vehicles won more honors than any other automaker. Ford, Lincoln, Mazda, and Mercury all have segment winners. Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Jaguar brands are in the top ten nameplates. The Wixom Assembly Plant received a Platinum award for world's best quality performance. Volvo's S80 had a top three showing in the midsize premium car category. One of the most exciting results is that our recently launched vehicles are among the industry's best performers. That is fantastic!!

As you know, we told the world we would focus on four priorities to transform the Ford Motor Company. The second priority is to accelerate the development of new products our customer really want and prefer. We know that people who get in our vehicles and drive them love them. Now, J.D. Power has concluded the same thing.

Thank you to everyone. Your focus on the customer and determination to deliver the plan is our key to success. In one of my first communications to you, I discussed how exhilarating the ride back up would feel. Today we get a preview of how good it will feel to know we have successfully delivered our plan. Let's keep it going!!

One plan. One team. One Ford Motor Company.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
reposting other stuff I find important

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJensen@BON
And let's give credit where credit is due. This is the result of the heavily criticized turnaround that Bill Ford launched in 2002.

Anyone who thinks that Ford's first turnaround accomplished nothing worthwhile needs to take a look at these figures.

Jim Padilla's insistence on quality seems to have paid off. Ford has finally made quality Job 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted in a memo from Mr. Alan Mulally link
(see above, 1931Chevy beat me to it :))

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
The local talk radio news headline was its not Toyota, but Ford that dominated the quality this year.!!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
QUOTE Arniect @ BON
What has struck me today is the amount of Non-Auto people that are talking about this.

On the way to work at the Coffee shop the talk was all about this.

The buzz at work is the same. Here at the office many know I bleed Ford blue (the 5 fords
we drive might be a tip off) I was surprised it was brought up by the Rice lovers. Hard for
them to take some medicine for a change.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Ok, why to pay 2000 or 4000$ more for a Toyota, when a Mercury is the same in terms of quality????????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts