1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are couple J Mays, Ford Chief of Design/etc.etc., video interviews:
www.blip.tv/file/2082919
www.blip.tv/file/2099760
I've only seen (most of) the first one so far, from last April, iirc, (hopefully the other Sunday), and a Lot of topics were touched on
but the one I want to bring up first is his remarks about LINCOLN

the question was about ''now that Jag/LR and AstonMartin are gone, will Lincoln fill some of that emptiness''
and the answer went something like ''Lincoln's first job is to be a successful domestic (U.S.) brand first THEN it will/might/could look/consider/attempt? becoming global''
(note: those are double apostrophes not quotes, since I can't access the videos at home)

so anyway, IMHO Lincoln's ''Products'' are already a success :cool::cool: -- intrinsically if not a $ucce$$ monetarily just YET
so
I'm thinking in the 8 months since that carefully-phrased interview, that some planning for global-Lincoln ...& therefore/possibly Global Lincoln-Mercury... has been taking place

& No, I haven't started HNewY'ing yet

but wanted to pass these on along with that observation

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
here are couple J Mays, Ford Chief of Design/etc.etc., video interviews:
www.blip.tv/file/2082919
www.blip.tv/file/2099760
I've only seen (most of) the first one so far, from last April, iirc, (hopefully the other Sunday), and a Lot of topics were touched on
but the one I want to bring up first is his remarks about LINCOLN

the question was about ''now that Jag/LR and AstonMartin are gone, will Lincoln fill some of that emptiness''
and the answer went something like ''Lincoln's first job is to be a successful domestic (U.S.) brand first THEN it will/might/could look/consider/attempt? becoming global''
(note: those are double apostrophes not quotes, since I can't access the videos at home)

so anyway, IMHO Lincoln's ''Products'' are already a success :cool::cool: -- intrinsically if not a $ucce$$ monetarily just YET
so
I'm thinking in the 8 months since that carefully-phrased interview, that some planning for global-Lincoln ...& therefore/possibly Global Lincoln-Mercury... has been taking place

& No, I haven't started HNewY'ing yet

but wanted to pass these on along with that observation
Just thinking...Ford makes some Volvos at their plants in China. With Volvo being sold, that frees up production space...:toetap:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I am thinking the sale of Volvo and Hummer will come back to be a regret. But there was MG/Rover sale which turned out to be nothing.

Jaguar is still selling Ford cars, so is Aston Martin, so is Land Rover. We will see in 5 years where Tata is really taking them.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my dialup connection is better today :rolleyes:
so found out the second video is just an edited version (12:45 mins) of the first one (29:28)
and
the Lincoln part starts at about 3:00

The question's first part uses the words "aspirations" and "new role" re: Lincoln, then asks, "Can you foresee a day when (mumble) Lincoln sold in Europe?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts