Ford Inside News banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Then there is the High Performance I-Pace that's coming....

“Yes, we can make it do 0-60 miles per hour in 1.8 seconds,” Kirner said. “It’s a good headline, but once you’ve done it once or twice, and lost your eyes in the back of their sockets, you might not want to do it again.”

“I do worry that the instant torque and performance might be too much for untrained drivers,” he continued. “It may be that we have to impose some kind of restriction so that the performance is limited until they have gone on a driving course or something.”

https://insideevs.com/jaguar-exec-says-i-pace-svr-could-do-0-60-mph-in-1-8-seconds/

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Now I would take the body style of the Evoque as an EV over the I-Pace. And EV or not, the integrated exhaust tips would have to stay.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
"...The current I-Pace, which is already quicker than a Tesla Model X 75D, comes powered by a 90-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack producing 394 horsepower (293 kilowatts) and 512 pound-feet (694 Newton-meters) of torque. That gives it the ability to sprint to 60 miles per hour in just 4.5 seconds, which means it’s already nearly as quick as the new F-Pace SVR..."
imho this ^ is confusing/confused: batteries do not make HP nor torque, motors do
:nerd:
&
I'd like to see a Mfg come out with a "sensible" &or "relaxed" mode setting
with HP/tq limited to provide maximum range
I'd prolley be fine with 8-9-10 secs Ø-to-60
tho I would like a very-quick highway passing ability
yet Not a super-high top-speed ... 125mph is plenty

61 - 63 of 63 Posts