Ford Inside News banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see from the headline, the new XE starts at $35,895. That'll score you the base model, the so-called 25t, and its 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine. That puts the baby Jag right in the meat of a very competitive segment. It'll be undercut by the Cadillac ATS, BMW 320i, and Acura TLX, but it's a good bit more affordable than the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Infiniti Q50, or Lexus IS. If you like your fuel extra smelly and your torque to be offered by the bucket-full, be prepared to shell out $37,395. The 340-horsepower, 3.0-liter, supercharged-V6-powered XE 35t will require at least $42,695.

The XE's big brother, meanwhile, is subject to a significant price drop. The new base model, the 340-horsepower 35t, rings up at just $52,895, or over $5,200 less than the entry level V6-powered 2015 XF. Once again, Jag has parked itself in the middle of a popular segment, although unlike the XE, the vehicles that undercut the XF – the Infiniti Q70 and Acura RLX – are old or not particularly popular among consumers. That's good news for JLR, since the new sedan easily undercuts the BMW 5 Series and Audi A6, while sneaking in just below the likes of the Mercedes E-Class or Cadillac CTS. And if you're in mourning for the 2.0-liter, turbocharged XF, don't be – the new 35t is only $2,000 more expensive, is lighter, and has 100 more horsepower.
Read More: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/03/jaguar-xe-xf-pricing-official/

2016 Jaguar XF

View attachment 19897

Attachments

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Love the XE car for MKZ money! Many think that Jaguar's designs are boring, to me they bridge the gap well between an Audi like elegance and a BMW like flashiness. On the higher end cars the designs really shine, as they do with all brands, but in this case I think more so.

The flip side of course is that much like Cadillac nobody buys. Two companies making flat out great cars that nobody wants. Sad how people, especially in NA can get so attached to a foreign brand that they won't even consider a domestic like Cadillac, or another great up and comer with phenomenal heritage in Jaguar. Maybe its just my contrarian streak, but I would much rather own a great challenger brand than the trendy established brand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts