Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jaguar XS to be unveiled this summer, on sale next year - report

A new report indicates Jaguar plans on unveiling its entry-level sedan this summer, but the model won't go on sale until next year.

The highly anticipated spiritual successor of the X-Type has been spied on numerous occasions and it seems Jaguar is about to remove the camouflage as according to Just-Auto the baby Jag sedan will be officially revealed this summer. Set most likely to receive the XS moniker, the entry-level Jaguar is programmed to go on sale in the first half of 2015 and will ride on the newly developed iQ[Al] platform.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114021069976/jaguar-xs-to-be-unveiled-this-summer-on-sale-next-year

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: Jaguar XS to be unveiled this summer, on sale next year - report

The letter x should be no where in the name. The last x type was a disaster from ownership reports...

I like jaguars but the reliability and headache reputation although possibly undeserved still holds me back. I just don't have any patience for cars that require more than gas and oil changes....

I'll look at the new small jaguar as the brand has a special meaning to my wife.

The f type v8 coupe is beautiful as well.

Happy wife, happy life..

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2016 Jaguar XE / XS Sedan Spied In Production Body, Will Fight 3-series, A4, C-class

2016 Jaguar XE / XS Sedan Spied In Production Body, Will Fight 3-series, A4, C-class

What It Is: Jaguar’s long-awaited compact sports sedan. It could either be called the XE or, as current internet rumors have it, the XS. Here, it’s caught wearing roofline-obscuring camouflage but what’s more important is that it’s testing in what appears to be its final sheetmetal.

Read More & Photos: http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2016-jaguar-xe-xs-spy-photos-future-cars

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Re: 2016 Jaguar XE / XS Sedan Spied In Production Body, Will Fight 3-series, A4, C-cl

I have always wondered how Jaguar's current design language would work on a 3 series class car, and soon it appears I will have an answer to that question.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: Jaguar XE (v.f.k.a. XS)

Jaguar XE prepares to take on BMW 3-series - AutoCar.co.UK
Jaguar's compact saloon to launch next year for around £29,000. New car will look to challenge junior executive class leaders

by Hilton Holloway
13 March 2014

...The XE will be the first car in its segment to use an aluminium monocoque, and Jaguar says it is "set to be the most advanced, efficient and refined sports sedan in its class"...

1600x1060 rendering

note: "v.f.k.a." = vehicle formerly known as...
...a tribute to the Fairlane Concept

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: Jaguar XE (not "XS")

New Jaguar XE – latest image - AutoCar.co.UK
by Mark Tisshaw
16 May 2014

Jaguar has released the first image of one of the final development mules of its XE saloon as the model enters the latter stages of testing ahead of its Paris motor show reveal in October.

The mule, revealed on Jaguar’s Twitter feed, shows the production shape of XE for the first time; previous mules have been of a more cut-and-shut nature and not shown the final form.

Each subsequent mule will sport a camouflage representing the mechanicals underneath the body, an early stage of the marketing process Jaguar will use to sell the car. The XE will be sold on its advanced, lightweight aluminium construction...

...The company also hinted at the likely spread of the full XE model line-up. Jaguar said the new Ingenium engines “will be both efficient and powerful, including top speeds of over 186mph and with emissions lower than 100g/km of CO2”.

This clearly suggests that Jaguar will build a super-economy version of the XE with 3-series-beating CO2 emissions of 99g/km or below. At the other end of the scale, a high-performance XER-S model capable of hitting 186mph (the same limited top speed as today’s 542bhp XFR-S) seems likely. This also suggests that the output of a twin-turbo version of the 2.0-litre Ingenium engine could be stretched to as much as 400bhp.

The XE will also get the option of all-wheel drive, the addition of which to the current XF and XJ models boosted sales in the ‘snow belt’ states of North America. All-wheel drive is also widely regarded as a safety feature in the important US market...

...Sales of the XE saloon are expected to start next spring.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

I love the idea of this car but I'm not excited to be seeing Jaguar turning into Audi in the same sausage different size sense.

·
Registered
761 Posts

I love the idea of this car but I'm not excited to be seeing Jaguar turning into Audi in the same sausage different size sense.
You could easily add BMW to that conversation and in some ways Lexus too.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

crossreference
by Mark Tisshaw
15 July 2014

Jaguar has confirmed its all-new XE saloon will be revealed in London on 8 September.

The Gaydon manufacturer has also confirmed some of the first technical details of the crucial BMW 3-series rival, which Jaguar says “combines thrilling performance, agile handling and precise, responsive steering, with outstanding levels of refinement”.

The XE will be equipped with F-type-inspired double wishbone front suspension made from aluminium, which Jaguar claims results in stiffness levels equivalent to the larger XFR sports saloon.

The sophisticated rear suspension is an integral link set-up that also uses aluminium extensively. Jaguar says this system “delivers sharp response and handling while retaining a refined, luxurious ride”.

The XE, which is based on a lightweight aluminium architecture and will be powered by the firm’s new Ingenium engine range, will feature a latest-generation electric steering system, which Jaguar says offers greater tuning scope than a hydraulic system and has the potential to “deliver better-quality feel”.

One new feature of the XE is ‘All Surface Progress Control’. A class first, it is an advanced traction control system that “works like a low-speed cruise control to deliver optimum traction in the most slippery conditions without skidding and without the driver using the pedals”.

Jaguar chassis guru Mike Cross said the XE “is the culmination of everything the company has learned over the years”. He added: “We are on target to deliver a vehicle that dynamically outperforms our rivals.”

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

That face is bored, generic, not deserved by a luxury sedan. I hope the rest of the design will give us some excitement.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts