Ford Inside News banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jaguar XF - Real life pictures
by SobeSVT

Some pictures from a Jaguar XF preview event.

EXTERIOR:

Side profile is a radical departure of anything Jaguar has done before. Still is a conservative design in keeping with Jaguar's core audience.

Details were beautifully designed and very well executed, especially for a pre production unit.

Strikingly aggressive and handsome front end. The most radical feature in its exterior design.

The rear end design is all about horizontal elements. Very elegant.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

SobeSVT meets the Jaguar XF

Center console with the cup holders compartment lid closed.

. . . and now open

Air vents are closed with the ignition off

. . . they pivot open when you press the "Start Engine" button.

General overview of the interior. Leather is top notch and the design if simply is really elegant. When they promised a new design language for Jaguar, they weren't kidding. I wonder how well this new design language will fit in this soon-to-be-fordless Jaguar?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The interior is simply gorgeous. It's not unlike the A8 (Paging J.Mays, you're needed in the interior studio...)

(Except for that huge thing that looks like a human arm attached to the steering wheel. Who thought THAT was a good idea?)

I'm ambivilent about the exeterior.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The interior is simply gorgeous.

(Except for that huge thing that looks like a human arm attached to the steering wheel. Who thought THAT was a good idea?)

I'm ambivilent about the exeterior.
That one, as always, is optional ;)

Just in case anyone thinks that the side vent is body colored . . . well, it is. Maybe they are saving the metallic one for the XF-R

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the paint a kind of "diamond" white? Metallic rather than plain?
That is correct. Its strange looking at first but very beautiful and pleasing once you get used to it. I recently saw a Mazda RX-8 with the same type of paint.

Great signature BTW.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thanks for the pics Sobe! The interior with the blue ambient lighting is simply stunning. Did you get a chance to use and feel how the new Jag shift knob works?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pics Sobe! The interior with the blue ambient lighting is simply stunning. Did you get a chance to see and feel how the new Jag shift knob works?
Not much of a chance, sadly. These two cars were parked in a closed reception room.

However, there was some chance to play with the bells and whistles. So at least I was able to notice and experience that when you press the ignition button, the gear knob is released and you can press it and it will rise to the point where you can comfortably rotate it to your desired gear. I guess this is an unnecessary, but most welcomed I must add, reinvention of the wheel

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. That particular era is a favoite of mine in the annals of Lincoln design (pre-1975)

Isn't it time for a new sig for yourself?
I meant more the quote than the pic. . . . :D
Anyway, I think you are right about my sig. I will look for a new one.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I meant more the quote than the pic. . . . :D
Anyway, I think you are right about my sig. I will look for a new one.
Ooops.

Thanks. If I had anymoney I'd buy a highway billboard somewhere and paint those words on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts